Old April 8th 05, 04:13 AM
Al Patrick

Default The PRN-1000 an auction, but not mine.

If I'm not mistaken they sold new for $300. I believe it picks up the
entire SW band.

Review at: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1314

Museum write up: http://www.dproducts.be/Drake_Museum/prn-1000.htm

=========

§ Dr. Artaud § wrote:
Another probable ludicrous E-Bay auction to watch. The PRN-1000 similar to
the DRAKE SW-1.
http://www.dproducts.be/Drake_Museum/prn-1000.htm
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1314

AM only, I had one, I like the looks, and the sound was fairly good. I was
going to bid $50 on this, but the price jumped up to $76 already. I paid
$119 for mine, from a woman in Florida, she had something to do with the
People's Radio Network (PRN), Chuck Harders old network. My radio appeared
new, but it had one little problem. It didn't work. Anyway, I took it apart
and I believe I had to reattach the antenna wire that went to the Circuit
Board from the rear connector. It worked fine after that.

I think it has 1 programmable memory, presumably for Chuck's frequency. I
think it also had a button/s to access the Time Frequencies. If memory
serves me right, the decimal point functions as a really rough signal level
meter.

Having seen several other auctions that seemed to go for ludicrous amounts,
I thought that someone may enjoy watching this one to see if the price is
exorbitant.

&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Dr. Artaud

Old April 9th 05, 01:49 AM
§ Dr. Artaud §

Al Patrick wrote in
:

I liked it, but I gave mine to one of my sons. I have quite a few other
receivers and wanted to attempt to interest him in the hobby. I don't know
if it worked (interesting him in the hobby, that is).

Regards,

Dr. Artaud