Old April 8th 05, 06:11 PM
Mike Lee

Default DX-392

Hi all, how good a receiver is the Realistic DX392?
I have done a search but no real luck as yet.

TIA,

Mike.
--
http://uk.geocities.com/swift240/mikes_page_1.html
Old April 9th 05, 08:29 PM
Jim

i have one of those, what do you need to know? its just like the radio
review in passport says. its a fair radio and runs forever on those
d-cell batteries. ssb is kind of touchy with the old school bfo control
but if you are old school then its not tough. the front end fet pops
easily but thats cheap and easy to fix if you can do it yourself. if you
cant then watch out for satic. fm and sw is fair but mw reception is not
awe inspiring. the four inch speaker sounds great but the audio does
have a slightly mufled quality. even with all its limitations its a
serviceable radio. if i had paid the full price ($250!!! holy crap!)
then i would be very ****ed but for the $90 i paid on sale it was a good
buy. i guess everything depends what you expect and how much it will
cost. and by the way, the tape recorder looked so cool but aside from
testing and putting it through its paces i have never used it since. its
not the hugely useful feature that it seems like at first so dont buy
based soly on the tape deck.

Old April 9th 05, 09:11 PM
wavetrapper

I have the 390...same radio without the recorder.

At best, this is a fair radio. I find it to be rather insenstive.

I think there are many other better options out there. Maybe if you
list what you are looking for, others can chime in with suggestions.