Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8th 05, 10:37 PM
Brenda Ann

Default Someone wanna try to tell me THIS ain't Gestapo tactics?

Passport Required To Re-Enter U.S.

4/5/2005 11:00 PM
(WROC-TV)

Better have a passport the next time you plan to go to Canada, it'll soon be
the law.

The Departments of State and Homeland Security announced the "Western
Hemisphere Travel Initiative" today. It will require all U.S. citizens,
Canadians, Mexicans, and citizens of Bermuda to have a passport to enter or
re-enter the U.S.

Currently Americans only have to show their driver's license or another
government approved ID.

The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act passed last December by
Congress mandates this change.

Assistant Secretary Of State Maura Harty says, "The Western Hemisphere
Travel Initiative is an important step in protecting homeland security and
DHS and the State Department will use all available resources to implement
this travel initiative by the deadline set forth in law."

Americans will have to display documentation to get back into the U.S., if
traveling by land or sea, by the end of 2005. That expands to all travel to
the U.S. by 2006.

--
Illigitimus non tatum carborundum

(Don't let the *******s wear you down)