Old April 9th 05, 01:21 PM
RHF

BAD,
Old April 9th 05, 01:24 PM
Jim Douglas

Nope it's not, if it was they would put you on a train to a damp, dank
prison!

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
Passport Required To Re-Enter U.S.

4/5/2005 11:00 PM
(WROC-TV)

Better have a passport the next time you plan to go to Canada, it'll soon

be
the law.

The Departments of State and Homeland Security announced the "Western
Hemisphere Travel Initiative" today. It will require all U.S. citizens,
Canadians, Mexicans, and citizens of Bermuda to have a passport to enter

or
re-enter the U.S.

Currently Americans only have to show their driver's license or another
government approved ID.

The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act passed last December

by
Congress mandates this change.

Assistant Secretary Of State Maura Harty says, "The Western Hemisphere
Travel Initiative is an important step in protecting homeland security and
DHS and the State Department will use all available resources to implement
this travel initiative by the deadline set forth in law."

Americans will have to display documentation to get back into the U.S., if
traveling by land or sea, by the end of 2005. That expands to all travel

the U.S. by 2006.

--
Illigitimus non tatum carborundum

(Don't let the *******s wear you down)

Old April 9th 05, 07:26 PM
Honus

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
BAD,
.
Your 'personal' Travel got "Restricted" when you Volunteered to get
a State Driver's License (DL) or Personal Identity Card and 'you'
freely "Surrender" the DL (Show It) everytime a Law Enforcement
Officer asks for it as Proof of 'your' Identity within the USA.
.
Or, when you use the DL as a 'form' of Identification for Domestic
Travel within the USA to-board an Airplane, Bus or Train.
.
Also everytime you use your DL as Proof of Identity when you Use a
Credit Card or Write-a-Check at a local store or bank within the USA.

.
WE HAVE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER... AND VERY SOON WE WILL HAVE YOU !
.
step right up folks - we have met the enemy and they are us ~ RHF

So, RHF...can I take it you don't have a driver's license? I have a passing
familiarity with what I believe to be the reasoning behind your argument;
how well does it go over when you fight your traffic tickets in court? Or
does this off topic post (which you didn't identify as such in the Subject
line) have some other more obscure reasoning behind it?

Old April 9th 05, 08:04 PM
Eric F. Richards

"Dan" wrote:

Think its OK..

Cuts down on people dropping into the USA on forged / Stolen
documents..

&
Imagine calling in Sick To Work from Paradise because
You Have To Wait For The U..S Embassy
to cough up another legit pass port
for you to cover the stolen one...

Barcoding People Entering the US of A..
* Fine* with me

& probaly with the Founding fathers too!..

Actually it was a longstanding point of law that you did not have to
produce any ID on demand. Note: *WAS*.

Old April 10th 05, 05:57 AM
RHF

HONUS,
.
For most my 'reasoning' (or lack of same) is always "Obscure" [.]

Old April 10th 05, 03:14 PM

I lived in Bozeman,Montana in 1956.We took a little trip to canaDUH as
far North as Cardston,Alberta,canaDUH.I remember at the canaDUHian
checkpoint,the RCMF dude put a little wire with a lead seal thingy on my
dads handgun so that his handgun couldn't be fired without first
removing that seal.Coming back from canaDUH,my dads handgun was checked
out again by a RCMF on the canaDUHian side of the border.As soon as we
got back in good old U.S.A.my dad took that stupid wire and lead seal
off of his handgun and threw it away.
cuhulin

Old April 10th 05, 03:26 PM

In U.S.A.driving a vehicle is a Privaledge,it is NOT a Right.The Signs
on the roads,the Rules of the Road are there for a Reason.I have had
three tickets before,speeding,crossing a yellow line and parking by a
water hydrant.I have been driving for forty eight years and I have never
been in an accident before and I have never caused any accidents either.
cuhulin

Old April 11th 05, 02:13 AM
Honus

"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
HONUS,
.
For most my 'reasoning' (or lack of same) is always "Obscure" [.]

.
That's one way to put it.
.
[ Most would say about your reply - Don't Feed The Jack Asses :]

.
Are you saying that they would be telling me not to reply to you?
Or that I'm the jack ass, and that you shouldn't be replying to me?
.
-R- What Other May Suggest to You . . .
Yes I have a California Driver's License
[ I Am Who I Am - Hey, That's Me ! ]
Knowing What I Know about Our Society and Legal System ;
and then Freely Making "The Personal Choice" To Do So !

.
Then clearly you don't understand what I was driving at.
So the issue is moot. You seemed to be one of those people
(and I knew one once) that feel you don't need a license to drive
legally.
They lose in court.
.
-R- I Do "Choose" to Have a Drivers License
and I Do Carry the DL on 'my' Person
and I Do Present the DL when Requied [.]

Fair enough.

Traffic and Parking Tickets ? What Are They ?
As a "Good US Citizen" 'i' Obey The Law :-}

.
If you drive on a regular basis, and have done so for an appreciable
length
of time, I'd damned near be willing to bet my life (contingent upon the

wager being for something of equal value) that you've broken the law on

several occasions. You've never signaled a few feet too short of the
legal
requirements for a turn at an intersection? You've never driven with a
light
out? It doesn't matter whether you knew it or not; it's an infraction.
You've never exceeded the legal limit? And while observing the legal
limit
you're never blocked faster traffic that was behind you in the passing
lane?
.
On the other hand, if that remark was purely meant to be tongue in
cheek,
ignore all of the above.
.
-R- Notice the small 'i' in my post.
While "I" may in-good-faith "Intend" to Obey the Law;
'i' may in-practice by happenstance break the law.

There! See what that unconventional grammatical style and off the wall
punctuation gets you? How am I supposed to know the difference between
definitions of a capital I and a lower-case one when you write? Argh[.]

FWIW - Most of 'us' on average
simply fail to get caught when
'we' unintensionally break the law ;-)

I was going to make that point myself when I thought you were saying you
never broke the law.

Although I'm certain that you only obey
what you feel are "just" laws, correct?
.
-R- The Law -IS- The Law [.]
Now... That - There Ought To Be A Law !

Actually, I was hoping that you would say you only obey just laws. I'll even
give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.

FWIW - For 'me' Life is Simple :
To OBEY "The Law" -and- To BE a "Good Citizen"

Again, hoping that you don't obey blindly.

BAD - Did Not Mark 'her original' Post as Off-Topic (OT)
and my Reply with a 'modified' Subject Line was not marked (OT).
I would Note that 'you' yourself did not mark your Reply as (OT)

.
That's because I very rarely change thread titles or subjects. I try to

follow convention for the sake of other people's reading enjoyment, and

allow the thread to flow along as a single entity that can be easily
filtered or ignored. What you do is essentially evade killfiles. Anyone

using Outlook and the "ignore conversation" feature is still subject to
the
thread.
.
-R- Most Readers of this NewsGroup that choose have 'my'
Screen Name and/or eMail Address in Their KillFiles.
So "They" Do NOT Have To Read 'me'.
However, if you post after 'me' then 'you' may be exposing
them to some of 'my' posts and as such the admonition :
"Please Don't Feed the Jack Ass !" C'est Moi !

It wouldn't matter either way. They either read my replies to you in the
original thread, or they'll read them to you in the new thread. There's no
point to making a new thread...that's my point.

That's also where the "ignore conversation" filter may come in handy. Not
that I ever use it anyway. And I think that particular horse is dead by now.

Old April 12th 05, 12:19 AM
Stinger

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
[...]

Good grief, Brenda. Ever been to Europe? Better have that passport handy.
We're only going to be doing what the rest of the world does every day.
That's not "gestapo tactics."

-- Stinger