Old April 17th 05, 11:08 PM
Stephan Walther-Larsen

Hi Miso

Well asking here was the easiest DFing ever for you.
Here are locations as found

On 9 Apr 2005 20:31:52 -0700, in rec.radio.shortwave you wrote:

This particular beacon is somewhere around Area 12 on the Nevada Test
Site. It is not published.

There are three unpublished NDB in the general area.
209Khz AEC located at Basecamp (near route 6 east of Warm Springs)
http://www.lazygranch.com/sound/beac...ecamp209_2.wav

'Base Camp' Tonopah
AWOS-3; Official Location: Warm Springs Actual as listed.
Lat 38.3125
Lon -116.292

278Khz XSD located at the north end of the Tonopah Test Range
www.lazygranch.com/sound/beacons/xsd278.wav

Tonopah Range
Lat 37.8542
Lon -116.792

414Khz PYD somewhere near Area 12 on the Nevada Test Site
www.lazygranch.com/sound/beacons/pyd414.wav

'Area 19' Groom Lake
Lat 37.1875
Lon -115.958
Old April 22nd 05, 12:47 AM

Regarding basecamp, I'd have to say this information is wrong. The NDB
is on the other side of Tybo road. The NDB is at least a mile to the
north east. I don't have a waypoint, but I've been to the general area.

Regarding the Tonopah Test Range, the NDB is at least 2.5 miles to the
north based on the map I acquired.
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/ttr/xsdsectional.gif

Regarding the Area 19 location given , it is actually closer to area
10.

If you have a link to your source, I'd like to look at it anyway.