Old April 16th 05, 10:14 PM
Telamon

Default Radio Netherlands and Radio Japan today

For the 19:00 to 21:00 UTC weekend broadcast Radio Netherlands signal
was improved on 15,315 KHz. Usually a good signal at S6 to S8 was S10
today.

17,660 and 17,735 very good signal as usual around S9.

17,810 was weaker than usual fluctuating S1 to S3.

Radio Japan at just after 21:00 UTC is pushing S10 to S20 on 17,825 KHz
and is weak on 21,570 KHz today.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 17th 05, 06:04 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
For the 19:00 to 21:00 UTC weekend broadcast Radio Netherlands signal
was improved on 15,315 KHz. Usually a good signal at S6 to S8 was S10
today.

17,660 and 17,735 very good signal as usual around S9.

17,810 was weaker than usual fluctuating S1 to S3.

That's very strange. It was not listenable here at least at the start
(it often improves). A noisy S2. Maybe it's time for an antenna
check-up.

I had already caught it on an East Asian transmission on the high
end of the 9 MHz band early in the morning. I'll have to look it
up, but I think it was 9870 or there abouts. (Maybe I should put
a magnifier on my radio's frequency display so I can read it with
my glasses off. ;-) ).

Robert Green wasn't up to form, unlike last week's "an apple in
its mouth" commentary.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old April 17th 05, 10:18 PM
Telamon

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

For the 19:00 to 21:00 UTC weekend broadcast Radio Netherlands signal
was improved on 15,315 KHz. Usually a good signal at S6 to S8 was S10
today.

17,660 and 17,735 very good signal as usual around S9.

17,810 was weaker than usual fluctuating S1 to S3.

Radio Japan at just after 21:00 UTC is pushing S10 to S20 on 17,825 KHz
and is weak on 21,570 KHz today.

The last half hour of their broadcast I checked Radio Netherlands and
17,660 was poor today with the other frequencies about the same levels
as yesterday.

Radio Japan is a little weaker at S9 with fades to S6.

I see we have some solar flare activity today at 21:00 UTC but it was
not supposed to be large enough to affect the 16 meter band.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 17th 05, 10:25 PM
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

For the 19:00 to 21:00 UTC weekend broadcast Radio Netherlands signal
was improved on 15,315 KHz. Usually a good signal at S6 to S8 was S10
today.

17,660 and 17,735 very good signal as usual around S9.

17,810 was weaker than usual fluctuating S1 to S3.

Radio Japan at just after 21:00 UTC is pushing S10 to S20 on 17,825 KHz
and is weak on 21,570 KHz today.

The last half hour of their broadcast I checked Radio Netherlands and
17,660 was poor today with the other frequencies about the same levels
as yesterday.

Radio Japan is a little weaker at S9 with fades to S6.

I see we have some solar flare activity today at 21:00 UTC but it was
not supposed to be large enough to affect the 16 meter band.

http://www.n3kl.org/ is not showing any storm activity currently, but the x-ray
flux did change to ACTIVE earlier today.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 19th 05, 05:10 AM
Telamon

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

For the 19:00 to 21:00 UTC weekend broadcast Radio Netherlands signal
was improved on 15,315 KHz. Usually a good signal at S6 to S8 was S10
today.

17,660 and 17,735 very good signal as usual around S9.

17,810 was weaker than usual fluctuating S1 to S3.

Radio Japan at just after 21:00 UTC is pushing S10 to S20 on 17,825 KHz
and is weak on 21,570 KHz today.

The last half hour of their broadcast I checked Radio Netherlands and
17,660 was poor today with the other frequencies about the same levels
as yesterday.

Radio Japan is a little weaker at S9 with fades to S6.

I see we have some solar flare activity today at 21:00 UTC but it was
not supposed to be large enough to affect the 16 meter band.

http://www.n3kl.org/ is not showing any storm activity currently, but
the x-ray flux did change to ACTIVE earlier today.

Looks like there was just one brief flare around the 21:00 UTC time.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California