Old April 18th 05, 04:05 AM
Michael A. Terrell

dxAce wrote:

A loss is a loss is a loss, 'tard boy. You can portray it any which way you
want.

Your loss, unfortunately is not my gain. But I hope you are content with your
loss. Remember though, those losses are additive.

Continue to try DX'ing.

dxAce

A signal loss isn't a concern if you can still receive the signal
clearly and have any gain left, at all. Why do you think your radio has
AGC and or manual gain control along with a volume control? How often
is the gain wide open on your receiver? Do you even know how to find
out?

If you want to add gain before or after the splitter a tuned preamp
is a better choice than a wideband amp if there is any strong RF in your
area. On the other hand Mini circuits monolithic rf amps are decent and
cheap if you know how to lay out a circuit board, or have a pile of
surplus boards built to take them.

Tell me, how do you cure an overload when a rocket is launched near
the tracking station, yet allow you to track the bird as the signal
rapidly drops in signal strength? We had to solve this for the Italian
movement's space program. when we built their turnkey receiving systems.

Tell me why almost every receiver has more than one attenuator built
in if loss is the end all of receiving a signal. BTW, a crystal radio
with an audio amp doesn't count.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 18th 05, 05:55 AM
Brenda Ann

"Frank White" wrote in message

Hi Frank... LTNS.. 'course I don't spend quite as much time reading in here
as I used to....

Old April 18th 05, 05:59 AM
m II

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:

dxAce wrote:

I could care less if you or anyone else believes me. Facts are facts.

You 'could' care less? That means you do care, at least some. I think
the phrase you are grasping for is, "I 'couldn't' care less", meaning
just that, you 'could not' care less. There you go 'tard boy.

grammar ain't 'hulin II's strong point. That one be under his hat..

mike
Old April 18th 05, 09:28 AM
dxAce

running dogg wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Ron Tock wrote:

His wife left him long
ago in disgust
and his kids want nothing to do with him.

No wife... no kids... try your fantasy again.

Fifty years old and no wife or kids or any other family members? All
alone with only four Drakes and a couple scanners to keep you company?
How ****ing sad. No woman wants anything to do with you, apparently.
Most normal people have been married at least once by age 50. Most of
those have at least one kid, too. As for family members, I assume that
any you have don't want anything to do with you, either. You live off
insurance settlements, apparently since you can't find an employer who
will hire you. You must be the planet's ultimate loser. No wonder you're
so bitter-the world has rejected you since you're an asshole, and you
have nothing at all to do all day except listen to Diego Garcia Tower
and hit the refresh button on your newsreader, responding to posts about
you within five minutes of their being posted. What a sad, sad excuse
for a human being you are.

Yeah, but what really sucks is that I actually read the drivel you post!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 18th 05, 11:16 AM
Jb77

Out of all of the dumb ass posts we get on here.. I have found his posts to
be the most helpful.

Honestly the amount of bitching that goes on in this group you would have
thought we were all women.

wrote in message
oups.com...
While many of your posts are on topic and informative, you
have a nasty streak that is sad. In the thread on spliters
I mentioned that I compared weak signals and found very few
that an addional ~3.5dB loss had any effect.
That is relevent to the question of the need for a preamp
before a splitter.

You are begining to remind me of cuhulin.
At least he has an excuse.
He is either crazy or druck.

You appear to be a reasonable person, yet from time to time
you lash out in what I can ony perceive as anger.

How about a deal?
I will not reply to your post and you will not reply to mine.

No need for flame wars that solve nothing and only waste time
and resources. Or if you prefer we can waste the energy to
nit-pick each other to tears.

Terry

Old April 18th 05, 03:43 PM
Burr

Why Can't We All Just Get Alone??????

Burr

Old April 18th 05, 03:50 PM
dxAce

running dogg wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Ron Tock wrote:

His wife left him long
ago in disgust
and his kids want nothing to do with him.

No wife... no kids... try your fantasy again.

Fifty years old and no wife or kids or any other family members?

Nope.

All
alone with only four Drakes and a couple scanners to keep you company?
How ****ing sad.

Actually it's fun!

No woman wants anything to do with you, apparently.

Had my share of women, believe me.

Most normal people have been married at least once by age 50.

Guess I'm 'abnormal' then. But hey, I've never been divorced and taken to the cleaners
either!

Most of
those have at least one kid, too.

Oh well.. I haven't been taken to the cleaners for child support either!

As for family members, I assume that
any you have don't want anything to do with you, either.

The feeling is mutual.

You live off
insurance settlements, apparently since you can't find an employer who
will hire you.

I don't live off of insurance settlements. That's a fabrication on your part. You're a
'tard after all, and that's what 'tards seem to do.

You must be the planet's ultimate loser.

Who knows? Why don't you hit the road and take a poll, 'tard boy?

No wonder you're
so bitter-the world has rejected you since you're an asshole, and you
have nothing at all to do all day except listen to Diego Garcia Tower
and hit the refresh button on your newsreader, responding to posts about
you within five minutes of their being posted.

You're just jealous that you're not here!

What a sad, sad excuse
for a human being you are.

It's a happy day here 'tard... Maybe you should stop projecting.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 18th 05, 03:51 PM