Old April 18th 05, 01:43 AM
Brenda Ann

Default Wanted: FM Converter

"Kevin Nathan" wrote in message
Hi All,

I was recently given a Yaesu FRG-7. It is in good working shape and it's
kind of nice to have this classic as my bed side receiver. But, I have
gotten spoiled over the past few years by having FM broadcast available on
my bed side radios. I am trying to find one of the 12 volt FM converters
that used to be available from Radio Shack and others which you would put
between your car antenna and your AM radio. You would tune your AM radio

a specified frequency and then turn on the converter using its tuning dial
to tune the FM band. I would like to try one of these on the Yaesu. If
anyone has one, please let me know what you would need for it.

Thanks very much.

Here's one on ebay. They're getting difficult to find these days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Old April 18th 05, 04:04 AM

I own one of those old FM Converters.I bought it back in the 1950's or
1960's so I could get FM on my car radio.It worked ok,but not great,in
my opinion.As much junk as I have here and as lazy (yes,I admit it,I am
lazy) as I have become over the last few years since I got internet
access and satellite tv,it would take me a hundred years to find my old
FM Converter.JC Whitney company in Chicago might still sell them.
www.jcwhitney.com
cuhulin

Wanted: FM Converter Kevin Nathan Swap 3 May 23rd 05 11:50 AM
WARNING Passport on Liypn's AC converter tommyknocker Shortwave 15 December 4th 04 02:59 AM
For Sale MFJ1026 , Wanted Lowe HF150 David Shortwave 1 November 4th 04 05:48 PM
Wanted: VHF Converter for Drake R-8 receiver Dave Swap 0 June 21st 04 10:49 PM
Wanted - QRP rig and Tuner M. Kassay Swap 0 April 6th 04 03:27 PM