Old April 19th 05, 02:15 AM

Default ICF SW100 repair - which way up for the ribon cables?

I am repairing my SW100, which has had it's ribon cables broken,
however I didn't record which way up the cables go into the PC boards!

The cable with the elbow is pretty straightfoward, for both ends the
exposed wires go towards the PCB. It's the straight through one I'm not
sure about; it seems that one end of it must have the exposed wires
pointing away from the PCB. Is this in the body end or in the lid end ?

Thanks, Colin

Old April 19th 05, 08:32 PM
Ian Smith

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am repairing my SW100, which has had it's ribon cables broken,
however I didn't record which way up the cables go into the PC
boards!

The cable with the elbow is pretty straightfoward, for both ends the
exposed wires go towards the PCB. It's the straight through one I'm
not
sure about; it seems that one end of it must have the exposed wires
pointing away from the PCB. Is this in the body end or in the lid
end ?

Thanks, Colin

I've changed the ribbons myself, and it wasn't easy either! Got it
wrong first time, and of course radio didn't work. 2nd attempt and it
was ok. You may be right about 1 cable counter-intuitively appearing
the wrong way round.
Unfortunately I forget exactly how they are arranged. It might be
down to trying your luck and hope it works when put back together.
Otherwise you'll have to dismantle again and try other way.