Old April 21st 05, 04:13 PM
Jason

Default Music on Shortwave

Anybody got any good suggestions for stations to listen to with regards to
music.

I'm after something a bit different.

I had to ask after hearing 'Stuck in the Middle with You' sung in German
last week. I hope Shortwave never dies!

Thanks

Old April 21st 05, 04:17 PM
dxAce

Jason wrote:

Anybody got any good suggestions for stations to listen to with regards to
music.

I'm after something a bit different.

I had to ask after hearing 'Stuck in the Middle with You' sung in German
last week. I hope Shortwave never dies!

Check out Turkey on 9460.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 21st 05, 07:26 PM
William Mutch

In article , jaseb83
@yahoo.co.uk says...
Anybody got any good suggestions for stations to listen to with regards to
music.

I'm after something a bit different.

I had to ask after hearing 'Stuck in the Middle with You' sung in German
last week. I hope Shortwave never dies!

Thanks

There's a station near the low end of the 31 meter band which
plays Andino folklorica with Quechua announcements. I hear him around
2200z but have never paid attention to what exact frequency.
Old April 21st 05, 07:40 PM
bpnjensen

....AND Cuba on 5025.

Afrique Numero Un on 9580 eves before Australia takes over is fun, too.

BJ

Old April 21st 05, 10:35 PM
lsmyer

I think WBCQ plays rock music on Saturday evenings on 7.415.

Old April 21st 05, 11:58 PM
Li-Changchun

"Jason" wrote in message
Anybody got any good suggestions for stations to listen to with regards to
music.

I'm after something a bit different.

I had to ask after hearing 'Stuck in the Middle with You' sung in German
last week. I hope Shortwave never dies!

That's fairly tame. I which case you might enjoy NHK Radio Japan every
evening.
Some African stations can throw out some "unique" music.
Oh, and mainland China's domestic broadcasts will throw out traditional
orchestra/opera music for long stretches of time. Which I claim is their
form of domestic jamming of foreign broadcasts.

Old April 22nd 05, 02:45 AM
running dogg

Li-Changchun wrote:

"Jason" wrote in message
Anybody got any good suggestions for stations to listen to with regards to
music.

I'm after something a bit different.

I had to ask after hearing 'Stuck in the Middle with You' sung in German
last week. I hope Shortwave never dies!

That's fairly tame. I which case you might enjoy NHK Radio Japan every
evening.
Some African stations can throw out some "unique" music.
Oh, and mainland China's domestic broadcasts will throw out traditional
orchestra/opera music for long stretches of time. Which I claim is their
form of domestic jamming of foreign broadcasts.

Well, it is. Not the CRI or CNR broadcasts, but the infamous "Chinese
jammer" used to cover up Radio Free Asia. If you're tuning around early
one morning NAm time, around 1500 UTC or so, and you hear frenetic
Chinese flute and drum music that never lets up or ID's, that's the
jammer. I doubt this is audible in the UK (where the OP is from) though
since most of the fun happens in the early afternoon UK time.