Old April 22nd 05, 04:12 AM

Default Fair price for Sony SW 77?

wrote:
Not an ebay price but an honest price. 'Say for a mid version model.

For
one that's in good condition both in appearance and operation.

There are too many variables. It's going to depend not just on the
condition but also on its age, whether it's the old version with a nine
element antenna or the newer one with an eleven element antenna. If
it's pretty new and in good shape, I think $275-300 is reasonable. They
were often going for around $500 when Sony ceased production on them,
but that was too much in my opinion. I personally would give more for a
used SW77 than a used Satellit 800, but before people flame me for
saying this, please note that I have already reported myself to the
authorities and leave in the morning for the Sat 800 reeducation camp.

Steve

Old April 22nd 05, 02:23 PM

Are the ones from 1998, serials in the 16000 range and with some of the

initial improvements, worth anything close to this?

According to the database, the "2003" unit with a 9 element antenna was
purchased through ebay in 2003. Since it had the 9 element antenna, I'm
guessing it was very old and was probably not worth $300. This doesn't
mean one couldn't get $300 for it on ebay, but you'd have to be lucky.

On the other hand, a unit that was sold new in 1998 might be worth $300
if it's in good shape. A unit built at this time should have the eleven
element antenna, improved "jog shuttle", etc.

Ooops, the van is outside. I'm off to camp now.

Steve