Old April 22nd 05, 06:23 PM
Mike Terry

Default Guinness World Records Recognises Radio Amateur

Guinness World Records Ltd has awarded a certificate to Finnish radio
amateur Jukka Heikinheimo, OH2BR, for a record number of contacts made by an
individual from one location in one year. Operating as VP6TR from Pitcairn
Island, Jukka made 56,239 contacts between 25 January and 21 April 2000.

(RSGB)

Old April 22nd 05, 09:28 PM
Panzer240

David wrote in
:

wrote:

Guinness World Records Ltd has awarded a certificate to Finnish radio
amateur Jukka Heikinheimo, OH2BR, for a record number of contacts made
by an individual from one location in one year. Operating as VP6TR from
Pitcairn Island, Jukka made 56,239 contacts between 25 January and 21
April 2000.

(RSGB)

That's 3 months???

Yep Imagine what it would have been if he had stayed a year LOL

--
Panzer

Old April 22nd 05, 10:46 PM

He has that radio Rockin!
cuhulin

Old April 23rd 05, 02:49 AM

Some folks think Guinness booze originated from Ireland,but it did
not.It originated from limeyland.(don't argure with me,I am always
right) I have never drank any Guinness booze before.Guinness booze is
sold here in some stores in Jackson,Mississippi and at Fenian's Pub
www.dogpile.com Fenian's Pub Jackson Mississippi I have some
Killans Irish beer here from Enniscorthy,Ireland.It is a pretty good
beer as far as beer goes anyway. www.dogpile.com Enniscorthy
Ireland
cuhulin

Old April 24th 05, 12:17 AM
Ian Smith

wrote in message
Some folks think Guinness booze originated from Ireland,but it did
not.It originated from limeyland.(don't argure with me,I am always
right) I have never drank any Guinness booze before.Guinness booze
is
sold here in some stores in Jackson,Mississippi and at Fenian's Pub
www.dogpile.com Fenian's Pub Jackson Mississippi I have some
Killans Irish beer here from Enniscorthy,Ireland.It is a pretty good
beer as far as beer goes anyway. www.dogpile.com Enniscorthy
Ireland
cuhulin

Care to elaborate on "it originated from limeyland"? Guinness
brewery was started in Dublin in 1759 by Arthur Guinness, surely?

By the way, on a night out with the lads from work, I usually
start off with a gallon of Guinness. Split sensibly into 8 pint-sized
glasses, of course. :-)

Old April 24th 05, 12:25 AM
Les

Ian Smith wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Don't pay any attention to CooKoolin, he is our resident retard. He is
harmless and as full of **** as a Christmas Goose..........:-)

I enjoy a couple pints of Guinness at our local Irish Pub here on the
Mississippi Gulf Coast at least a couple times a week.

Les Locklear

Old April 24th 05, 01:04 AM
Les

Some folks think Guinness booze originated from Ireland,but it did
not.It originated from limeyland.(don't argure with me,I am always
right) I have never drank any Guinness booze before.Guinness booze is
sold here in some stores in Jackson,Mississippi and at Fenian's Pub
www.dogpile.com Fenian's Pub Jackson Mississippi I have some
Killans Irish beer here from Enniscorthy,Ireland.It is a pretty good
beer as far as beer goes anyway. www.dogpile.com Enniscorthy
Ireland
cuhulin

"Guinness Booze".....It is Guinness Irish Stout, dimwit!

That Killians was brewed by the Adolph Coors Brewing Co. in Golden,
Colorado, not in Ireland.

It seems to me you are always wrong!

Les

Old April 24th 05, 01:17 AM
Ian Smith

"Les" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ian Smith wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

It's good that it can be readily enjoyed over in the states. When
living in Colorado Springs, I used to drink it at Jack Quinn's
http://www.jackquinn.com/.

I find that after 10 pints, feel the need for something a bit
stronger; say "vodka and coke" mixes. Next Friday night, at the
Victoria Bowling Club (Paisley); then later off to numerous
establishments in "downtown" Glasgow.
Of course, before that, will have a wee listen to the shortwave
bands...