Old April 24th 05, 01:22 PM
Jason

Default Please Help Me (and Then Laugh At Me.)

Hi all,

I have a DX-394 (Cue audience laughter...)

Ok...ok.. I deserve everything I get. But i'm young and it was cheap.

I want to get the most out of it, and I've seen that website about taking it
apart but I don't want to do that.

Anyway...

It has a connection on the back for an external aerial.

a) What is the best type of external aerial with regards to cost?

b) What is an external aerial? (Its O.K I know.)

I have also considered using copper wire to increase the reception on the
external aerial.

a) How effective is copper wire in increasing reception?

b) If so, what is the best length/shape/height to improve it?

c) Whats the best way to connect it?

I know its had more laughs than Bob Hope but anything to help improve the
reception would be very much appreciated.

Thanks all,

Jason

Old April 24th 05, 01:26 PM

Heyyyy,Jason,you have any sisters? How old are they? Haw Haw Haw :{)
cuhulin

Old April 24th 05, 01:30 PM

Jason,get 19 inches of wire and hook an alligator clip on one end of the
wire,the alligator clip goes on that pull up antenna on your
radio.String the other end of the wire up as high as you can get it.Tell
all them wimmins over there,old Hansom Larry Loves Them.
cuhulin

Old April 24th 05, 01:34 PM

Jason,you know any barely legal age girls that love to talk dirty nasty
to horney old men like me? Hook me up with them.Bisexual lesbians are ok
too.
cuhulin

Old April 24th 05, 03:31 PM
Brian Hill

"Jason" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a DX-394 (Cue audience laughter...)

Ok...ok.. I deserve everything I get. But i'm young and it was cheap.

The DX-394 is an allright radio and you could do a lot worse starting out
like me, I used a Science Fair Globe Patrol. By the way I aquired over 50
QSLs with that little regen.

I want to get the most out of it, and I've seen that website about taking

it
apart but I don't want to do that.

Yes the 394 becomes a very good radio with the right mods.

Anyway...

It has a connection on the back for an external aerial.

a) What is the best type of external aerial with regards to cost?

b) What is an external aerial? (Its O.K I know.)

I have also considered using copper wire to increase the reception on the
external aerial.

a) How effective is copper wire in increasing reception?

b) If so, what is the best length/shape/height to improve it?

c) Whats the best way to connect it?

There are many types of external ant you can use that can be puchased or
made. Heres some links so you can study.

http://dxzone.com/catalog/Antennas/Wire/
http://dxantennas.com/wst_page4.php
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/qsl-g5rv.htm
http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/bev/bb_antenna_matching.pdf