Old April 25th 05, 11:16 AM
Dan

Default 11.175 ( USB)

- Anyone out there keep logs on traffic on this frequency ?

Stock market plunged 150 points mid day friday on a rumor

- Traffic might mean more military activity

Etc..

Old April 25th 05, 12:23 PM
Lucky

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...

- Anyone out there keep logs on traffic on this frequency ?

Stock market plunged 150 points mid day friday on a rumor

- Traffic might mean more military activity

Etc..

Yesterday {Sun} around 1500 utc here in Miami, the traffic was very heavy on
it. Puerto Rico came in so loud and clear I had to adjust the volume and
gain. It was the most chatter I heard on it for all the times I've been
tuned to it.

Lucky

Old April 25th 05, 01:33 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...

- Anyone out there keep logs on traffic on this frequency ?

Stock market plunged 150 points mid day friday on a rumor

- Traffic might mean more military activity

Etc..

Yesterday {Sun} around 1500 utc here in Miami, the traffic was very heavy on
it. Puerto Rico came in so loud and clear I had to adjust the volume and
gain.

That must have taken you a while to figure out! Sheesh...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 25th 05, 11:50 PM
Brian Hill

"dxAce" wrote in message

Lucky wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...

- Anyone out there keep logs on traffic on this frequency ?

Stock market plunged 150 points mid day friday on a rumor

- Traffic might mean more military activity

Etc..

Yesterday {Sun} around 1500 utc here in Miami, the traffic was very

heavy on
it. Puerto Rico came in so loud and clear I had to adjust the volume and
gain.

That must have taken you a while to figure out! Sheesh...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Volume and gain?

B.H.

Old April 25th 05, 10:14 PM

Dan wrote:
- Anyone out there keep logs on traffic on this frequency ?

Stock market plunged 150 points mid day friday on a rumor

- Traffic might mean more military activity

Etc..

I'm hearing quite a bit of traffic on this frequency today. Of course,
relatively speaking this frequency is fairly busy all the time. What's
interesting is that, while I usually have clear copy on all the traffic
I hear on this frequency, today there's been a whole lot of traffic
that's just below the threshold of intelligibility for me here in
Brooklyn. So, I don't think this traffic is originating from all the
usual sources.

Others may actually be able to copy what's being said, or maybe
conditions here will improve.

Steve

Old April 26th 05, 01:20 AM
Dan

Usually pick up some stuff ( puerto Rico)
Lots of noise in my environment...

They renamed our neighborhood WaHi..
Go Figgure..

- Never gonna make a movie called
" The Saint of Wahi."

- No way..

Dan /
Sittin up here in good ol Wahi
Listening to Country Music on WBCQ..

Old April 26th 05, 01:43 AM
Dan

yes.. much traffic but most just sub-audible
Hope conditions improve..

Old April 26th 05, 09:14 AM

To a certain degre, the coded messages are transmitted even if nothing
important needs to be sent. This is to prevent the kind of "traffic
analysis" that you are doing.

The increased air comms that occur when the fecal matter hits the fan I
always assumed was real. Don't forget, Iran is next.

11.175 USB at 01:35 Dan Shortwave 2 March 27th 05 07:12 AM
11.175 MHz: What Is It ? Robert11 Scanner 73 September 29th 03 02:12 AM
11.175 Upper Paul Shortwave 6 August 30th 03 01:21 PM