Old April 27th 05, 04:45 PM
Al Patrick

Default HOW DEPLETED URANIUM WEAPONS ARE KILLING OUR TROOPS *PIC*

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin...cgi?read=62203

CAUTION! The picture is not pleasant.
Old April 27th 05, 11:55 PM
luigi

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin...cgi?read=62203

CAUTION! The picture is not pleasant.

Al,

Your infantile gullability is exceeded only by your ignorance. Is it
possible that DU has as yet unknown hazards? Certainly. Our country has a
long a glorious history of such deceit and blunder, e.g., nuclear radiation
testing in the fifties, agent orange in the sixties, etc., so I won't argue
that point. What I will argue is your inability to do independent research
beyond the internet.

Point 1: The picture of the B-52 dropping bombs in your source is absurd.
DU is used (by-the-way, I spent 24 years on active duty in USAF and the last
15 as a USAF civilian) in anti armor projectiles such as the 30 mm rounds
used in the A-10 and the tank rounds in the M-1.
Therefore, the credibility of the article becomes suspect immediately.
Point 2: I have personally handled the 30mm DU rounds fired by the A-10.
Although I may die a horrible death, at present (I am almost 60) I am in
excellent health. Moreover, my wife, children and grandchildren are in
excellent health nor do I know of any of my comrades (numbering in the
hundreds) who have experienced any of the alleged horrors of DU.
Point 3: You have a history of being reactive. Why don't you make a feeble
attempt to determine your mental limitations and work within your abilities
with an understanding that you are probably wrong 90% of the time.

Old April 28th 05, 02:08 AM
m II

luigi wrote:

I have personally handled the 30mm DU rounds fired by the A-10.
Although I may die a horrible death, at present (I am almost 60) I am in
excellent health.

There's a huge difference between handling nice smooth metal and breathing in
the metallic dust caused by the impact. It's the same as asbestos, in that the
solid stuff is pretty well harmless. When it becomes airborne in a fine powder,
you die.

mike
Old April 28th 05, 04:01 AM
Dave Holford

m II wrote:

luigi wrote:

I have personally handled the 30mm DU rounds fired by the A-10.
Although I may die a horrible death, at present (I am almost 60) I am in
excellent health.

There's a huge difference between handling nice smooth metal and breathing in
the metallic dust caused by the impact. It's the same as asbestos, in that the
solid stuff is pretty well harmless. When it becomes airborne in a fine powder,
you die.

mike

Since DU has been routinely used in commercial aircraft for many years I'd be
interested to know how many people have died as a result of exposure at aircraft
crash sites?

Dave

Old April 28th 05, 05:41 AM

I once heard on a radio talk show years ago that DU is being used in the
manufacturing of things such as kitchen silverware and kitchen utensils
and braces,the kind of braces for teeth that some people wear to
straighten their teeth.I don't know if it's true though.
cuhulin

Old April 28th 05, 05:36 AM

My house has solid asbestos shingles on the outside of my house.I am
dieing from asbestos poisoning.NO,I am not.
cuhulin

Old April 28th 05, 04:05 PM
Al Patrick

Ever notice how those with the greatest alligator mouths almost always
attempt to hide behind a supposed anonymity?

====

CW wrote:

Agreed,
CW, ex tanker.

Old April 29th 05, 02:44 AM
luigi

Anything less than anonymity on usenet is somewhat less than a good idea
these days. Your indictment of such caution is symptomatic of your
cretinism.

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
Ever notice how those with the greatest alligator mouths almost always
attempt to hide behind a supposed anonymity?

====

CW wrote:

Agreed,
CW, ex tanker.