Old April 29th 05, 02:31 PM
Subminiature Tubes Rock!

Default Vesco (or Wesco?) smiles at miles - Do you have any information on this tiny radio?

I remember many years ago running into an ad in one of the electronics
magazines that I had around then, which was probably Popular Electronics,
Radio TV Experimenter, or one of their competitors. There was an ad for a
tiny, uncased radio receiver that I think was a hybrid circuit of one
subminiature tube and one transistor, and the lead in to the ad read
something like "Vesco" or maybe it was Wesco(?) "Smile At Miles." I think
that it was Vesco as it sort of hints at "Vest Coat pocket" and back then ,
wearing a vest was commonplace. It looked like it used a threaded rod to
adjust an inductor for tuning.

Does anyone have a schematic for this little radio? Would you post a scan
of it here? I have a few subminiature battery tubes and some Germanium
transistors, and I would like to re-create it.

Thanks!

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----