Old April 29th 05, 02:53 PM
Dan

Default Gov. Praises 'Minuteman' Campaign ( OT)

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...=la-home-local

SACRAMENTO - Calling the nation's borders dangerously porous, Gov.
Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday praised the private "Minuteman"
campaign that uses armed volunteers to stop illegal immigrants from
crossing into the U.S.

Schwarzenegger said in a radio interview that the federal government is
failing to secure the border with Mexico, and he cast the hundreds of
private citizens who have been patrolling the Arizona-Mexico border
since April 1 as a popular response to government inaction.

"I think they've done a terrific job," Schwarzenegger said of the
"Minuteman" volunteers, who plan to expand to California in June.
"They've cut down the crossing of illegal immigrants a huge percentage."

Old April 29th 05, 09:00 PM

I'm on the left politically, but agree 100% with the minute man
project. What good is a border if you don't restrict crossing it?

The GOP want's lax border secuirty so that they can have cheap labor.
The goal of the GOP is to create an underclass of slaves with a few fat
cats on top. It's no secret they are neonazis.

Old April 30th 05, 05:02 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Dan wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...=la-home-local

SACRAMENTO - Calling the nation's borders dangerously porous, Gov.
Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday praised the private "Minuteman"
campaign that uses armed volunteers to stop illegal immigrants from
crossing into the U.S.

Schwarzenegger said in a radio interview that the federal government is
failing to secure the border with Mexico, and he cast the hundreds of
private citizens who have been patrolling the Arizona-Mexico border
since April 1 as a popular response to government inaction.

"I think they've done a terrific job," Schwarzenegger said of the
"Minuteman" volunteers, who plan to expand to California in June.
"They've cut down the crossing of illegal immigrants a huge percentage."

If we had done a better job protecting our borders Schwarzenegger
wouldn't be here either.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 30th 05, 06:41 AM
CW

You are correct on both counts though they do not prohibit their members
from being armed, they do have a strict policy of merely observing and
reporting to the authorities. They discourage any interaction whatsoever.

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
.159...

I thought that the MInutemen project specifically recommends that its
volunteers DO NOT carry arms, and they only call in reports to border
patrol, not make arrests. I imagine the writer has some bias against

them.

Old April 30th 05, 07:46 AM

The Democrats who rant about illegal aliens bring up racism, not cheap
labor. They are on the wrong side of this debate as well.

First we close the borders, then we work on legalizing the illegal
aliens already here. We should not repeat the Ronald Reagan **** up
where you grant amnesty and then do nothing to secure the border.

Old April 30th 05, 07:56 AM

It is true that Schwarzenegger entered the US on shaky terms at best.
He didn't have a work permit, but was doing some sort of construction
to help finance his body building.

Speaking of Arnie:
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/tem...pot_head_1.jpg
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/tem...pot_head_2.jpg

Old April 30th 05, 07:53 PM
Telamon

In article ,
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Dan wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...124.story?coll
=la-home-local

SACRAMENTO - Calling the nation's borders dangerously porous, Gov.
Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday praised the private "Minuteman"
campaign that uses armed volunteers to stop illegal immigrants from
crossing into the U.S.

Schwarzenegger said in a radio interview that the federal government is
failing to secure the border with Mexico, and he cast the hundreds of
private citizens who have been patrolling the Arizona-Mexico border
since April 1 as a popular response to government inaction.

"I think they've done a terrific job," Schwarzenegger said of the
"Minuteman" volunteers, who plan to expand to California in June.
"They've cut down the crossing of illegal immigrants a huge percentage."

If we had done a better job protecting our borders Schwarzenegger
wouldn't be here either.

Schwarzenegger is not an illegal alien so no.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 30th 05, 08:00 PM
Telamon

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
.159...

I thought that the MInutemen project specifically recommends that
its volunteers DO NOT carry arms, and they only call in reports to
border patrol, not make arrests. I imagine the writer has some
bias against them.

The weapons are for defense only, which they are entitled to under the
US Constitution. These people monitor the border and report illegal
crossings and other illegal activity to the authorities and do not
engage people coming over except to help.

Then they make sure those illegals are arrested and deported by the
authorities.

The Minutemen do not take enforcement action but report it to the
authorities.

It's just like neighborhood watch at the countries border.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 2nd 05, 04:40 AM

Arnie didn't exactly play by the rules regarding working when he
entered the US. Of course, he is not unique in this sense.