RadioBanter

-   -   Cuhulin thrown off Webtv? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/70091-re-cuhulin-thrown-off-webtv.html)

Tom Randy May 7th 05 10:48 AM

On Sat, 07 May 2005 08:16:07 +0000, GWBush wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:42:52 GMT, (Mark Zenier)
wrote:

In article ,
Dr. Artaud NoSuchThing @Notreal.com wrote:
The only real problem that I have with Cuhulin is his name, as I find it
nearly impossible to write it without screwing the word up. Is Cuhulin is
name, or does it stand for something that I don't understand?

Cuhulin, or more properly Cuchulainn was an Irish hero, featured
prominently in the Táin Bó Cuailgne. The name itself is actually a
nickname of sorts and stands for the Hound of Culainn. Cuchulainn 's
real name was Setana, and as a boy he killed the dog of a nobleman
named Culainn. As punishment he had to serve as that lord's dog for a
year, which was the time it took to train a replacement. As a result
of this servitude he was calleed Cuchulainn there after.

TMI dude. No one cares.

GWBush May 7th 05 10:18 PM

TMI dude. No one cares.

Dude, someone asked.

€ Dr. Artaud € May 7th 05 10:35 PM

GWBush wrote in
:

I always found the "no one cares" posts to be quite special. If one does
not care about a post, why would one care that one doesn't care about the
same post?

One of the mysteries of life I suppose. I am using my psychic link to Steve
Quayle to predict that the "no one cares" poster is going to post that "no
one cares". I can tell since I am harmonically vibrating in tune with the
oceans of the world. Of course, this is merely my prediction, yet buying
Gold, Silver, water purifiers, and wheat grass would be advised lest this
prophesy come true.

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

TMI dude. No one cares.

Dude, someone asked.

Namikis May 8th 05 03:09 AM

Perhaps one cares enough about advancing the idea of not caring, such that
one decides to post publicly that one does not care - in the hope that
others will be deterred from emulating the undesired posting behavior.

"? Dr. Artaud ?" wrote in message
GWBush wrote in
:

[email protected] May 12th 05 02:57 AM

On Sat, 7 May 2005 19:09:14 -0700, "Namikis"
wrote:

Perhaps one cares enough about advancing the idea of not caring, such that
one decides to post publicly that one does not care - in the hope that
others will be deterred from emulating the undesired posting behavior.

And he best way to get this across is to assert that no one
cares, after at least one person cared enough to ask the question?
That kind of stupidity deters nothing.

"? Dr. Artaud ?" wrote in message
.. .
GWBush wrote in
:

GWBush May 12th 05 04:30 AM

Ah, I think I detect a worthy successor to Cuhulin
(who never wanted to know anything he didn't already know).

Leonard

Hell no, I for one am willing to learn new things. But as I said
before some asked about the name and this is one of the few things I
know about.

GWBush May 14th 05 05:04 AM

oops, my bad.
On Fri, 13 May 2005 19:22:49 -0500, Leonard Martin
wrote:

In article ,
GWBush wrote:

Ah, I think I detect a worthy successor to Cuhulin
(who never wanted to know anything he didn't already know).

Leonard

Hell no, I for one am willing to learn new things. But as I said
before some asked about the name and this is one of the few things I
know about.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was glad to hear the historical
information about Ireland.

Leonard