Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3rd 05, 12:37 AM
ldbk

Default AM Radio Question

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on why my AM radio doesn't come
in as clearly as my stock car radio. I am a KGO talk radio fan and
live in the bay area. I also have a home in the gold country that I
visit almost every weekend. I noticed that KGO didn't come in at all
on my regular, small radio so I invested in a CC Radio Plus with a
ferrite antenna. Much to my dismay it comes in very distorted,
although KNBR comes in very clearly.

What I don't understand is why my stock car radio tunes in KGO
perfectly. I'm wondering if it's because my CC Radio is inside and my
car is outside? Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can
get better reception?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!