Old May 3rd 05, 05:19 AM
Jim Hackett

Default 5.850 Mhz

Anyone know what I'm hearng here at 4:15 UTC? I looked in my 2005 Passport
but as is becoming more frequent, they show NOTHING for this time period. A
man and woman are talking about rogue 70 ft. waves hitting cruise ships...

Old May 3rd 05, 05:38 AM
jamulc

Jim Hackett wrote:
Anyone know what I'm hearng here at 4:15 UTC? I looked in my 2005

Passport
but as is becoming more frequent, they show NOTHING for this time

period. A
man and woman are talking about rogue 70 ft. waves hitting cruise

ships...

According to EIBI scheds, World Harvest Radio broadcasts on 5850 kHz
from 0100 to 0500 UTC in English to Africa.

Get EIBI's Summer '05 scheds at www.eibi.de.vu

jamulc

Old May 3rd 05, 05:51 AM
Jim Hackett

Thanks.

"jamulc" wrote in message
oups.com...

Get EIBI's Summer '05 scheds at www.eibi.de.vu

jamulc

Old May 3rd 05, 12:14 PM
Al Patrick

I believe there was a time recently (? 1 to 1.5 months ago) when a group
of college students were on a ship doing some kind of research and it
was hit by a 50 or 100 foot wave. It also seems the trip was cut very
short!

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...0/ai_n13470115
reveals but one such incident.

A Google search for "students on ship hit by rogue wave" - withOUT the
quotes - revealed almost 75k hits.

This is probably the 70 foot wave reference they made. It was posted
4/17/05. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1385374/posts

Back to your REAL question. No. I don't know WHO or WHAT you were
listening to -- but they were based in fact, even if every statement may
not have been factual.

=======