Old May 3rd 05, 11:22 PM

Default Yet Another Antenna Question

How far from powerlines and power sources (such as anything in the
house) would a shortwave antenna need to be for the noise to noticably
drop off? I have a spot in mind for putting one up between two trees
which should be about 80 feet from my house and at least as much from
my neighbors. Thanks!

Old May 4th 05, 01:12 AM

My advice would be to walk around with a portable radio, looking for
the quiet spots.

Steve

Old May 4th 05, 02:35 AM
Lucky

wrote in message
ups.com...
How far from powerlines and power sources (such as anything in the
house) would a shortwave antenna need to be for the noise to noticably
drop off? I have a spot in mind for putting one up between two trees
which should be about 80 feet from my house and at least as much from
my neighbors. Thanks!

Experiment with it. That's really the best way. I would try as many
different configurations and locations as I could till I got the best
results. No one can tell you what's best for your location, radio and ear.

Lucky

Antenna Advice Chris Shortwave 5 September 20th 04 02:04 AM
Newbie SWL question: Antenna geometry Hidalgo Shortwave 5 June 8th 04 03:47 AM