Old May 14th 05, 03:53 PM
dxAce

Pete KE9OA wrote:

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message
I finally got the new board layout for the MW receiver completed. The
toughest part was routing the board so that now MCU control lines would
cross the low level / analog and RF circuits.

Should be NO MCU control lines. That touch typing again!

Got any pictures yet of the end product?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 14th 05, 06:09 PM
Fabrizio Magrone

On Fri, 13 May 2005 02:38:16 GMT, "Pete KE9OA"
wrote:

Another product that I have designed is a DDS based synthesizer for the
Drake '4 line. This will be a substitute for the FS-4 synthesizer.

Are you going to develop a version for the SPR4 receiver? I'd be very
interested in such a synthesizer, as well as several SPR4 owners all
over the world!

73

Fabrizio IK4MTG

f m a g r o n e AT q u e e n DOT i t

Old May 14th 05, 06:14 PM
John S.

Thanks. After your first post I immediately checked their site and of
course there was no reference. If you have the time please post any
updates to the MW radio project here.

John

Old May 14th 05, 06:52 PM
Eric F. Richards

"Pete KE9OA" wrote:

Hi Russ,
It looks like it will have a uP controlled switch. They also
want to have RS-232 control. Is that a desirable feature?
Actually, all of the other controls, including tuning, volume, bass, treble,
and mode will be selected by shaft encoders.
As far as the name, it will probably be either Silicon Engines or Quadphase.

Pete

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be there to see your baby make it to
market. Some third-rate hack who couldn't design an audio preamp will
probably claim it as his own.

--
Eric F. Richards

"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- Myron Glass,
often attributed to J. R. Pierce, Bell Labs, c. 1940
Old May 15th 05, 06:50 PM
Pete KE9OA

I definitely will. I was just checking my board layout this morning for
errors, and everything looks good. The other fellow is working on the front
panel control board layout. He seems to be making progress.
I am going to be working evenings for the next month or two, but I will
check into the group from time to time.

Pete

oups.com...

Old May 15th 05, 07:24 PM
Fabrizio Magrone

Great! Count me in for a SPR4 version!

Fabrizio IK4MTG

f m a g r o n e AT q u e e n DOT i t

On Sun, 15 May 2005 02:05:28 GMT, "Pete KE9OA"
wrote:

Definitely. I think that we will have it set up for a user selectable
offset; this way, it can work for the R4 / TX4 combination and the SPR4.
Some fellow in Italy came up with a really cool looking version of what I
have designed. I also wanted to do a version for the Collins S-Line, but I
have another friend that wants to do that.

Pete