RadioBanter

-   -   Jamming on BBC World Service 12095kHz? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/70897-jamming-bbc-world-service-12095khz.html)

[email protected] May 13th 05 07:33 PM

Jamming on BBC World Service 12095kHz?

Is anyone else hearing a loud steady mid-tone permanently on the BBC
World Service on 12095kHz? I've been getting it every time I've tried
to tune in the early evenings UK time over the last couple of months.

If so, is this jamming and is this a known operation, if so who?

I'm in Gloucestershire UK.

--
Andrew Oakley

David May 14th 05 01:32 PM

On 13 May 2005 11:33:28 -0700,
wrote:

Is anyone else hearing a loud steady mid-tone permanently on the BBC
World Service on 12095kHz? I've been getting it every time I've tried
to tune in the early evenings UK time over the last couple of months.

If so, is this jamming and is this a known operation, if so who?

I'm in Gloucestershire UK.

It's been there for years here in Bush World. Good reason to have
selectable sideband receiving equipment.

Dave Holford May 14th 05 07:57 PM

On 13 May 2005 11:33:28 -0700,
wrote:

Is anyone else hearing a loud steady mid-tone permanently on the BBC
World Service on 12095kHz? I've been getting it every time I've tried
to tune in the early evenings UK time over the last couple of months.

If so, is this jamming and is this a known operation, if so who?

I'm in Gloucestershire UK.

12095 has been one of my favourite BBC frequencies for years and the only
consistent QRM I've noticed is some RTTY on the Upper Sideband.

It's clear and strong right now - 1900UTC

Dave
45N 75W

Bushido Hacks May 15th 05 05:16 AM

Radio blackout on the shortwave frequencies here in North America.
Blame satilite radio services (XM and Sirius) combine that with the
adgenda of the WTO.

M. J. Powell May 15th 05 01:19 PM

In message . com,
Bushido Hacks writes
Radio blackout on the shortwave frequencies here in North America.
Blame satilite radio services (XM and Sirius) combine that with the
adgenda of the WTO.

Active Sun.

Mike
--
M.J.Powell

David May 15th 05 02:48 PM

On 14 May 2005 21:16:45 -0700, "Bushido Hacks"
wrote:

Radio blackout on the shortwave frequencies here in North America.
Blame satilite radio services (XM and Sirius) combine that with the
adgenda of the WTO.

You gotta be a masochist to put up with the static and distortion
while program listening. Why put precious tax dollars into klunky
tube transmitters when more elegant delivery methods are available?

M. J. Powell May 15th 05 04:46 PM

In message , David
writes
wrote:

Radio blackout on the shortwave frequencies here in North America.
Blame satilite radio services (XM and Sirius) combine that with the
adgenda of the WTO.

You gotta be a masochist to put up with the static and distortion
while program listening. Why put precious tax dollars into klunky
tube transmitters when more elegant delivery methods are available?

Because it's more fun. It gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Mike

dxAce May 15th 05 08:41 PM

"M. J. Powell" wrote:

In message , David
writes
wrote:

Radio blackout on the shortwave frequencies here in North America.
Blame satilite radio services (XM and Sirius) combine that with the
adgenda of the WTO.

You gotta be a masochist to put up with the static and distortion
while program listening. Why put precious tax dollars into klunky
tube transmitters when more elegant delivery methods are available?

Because it's more fun. It gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Darn right! That satellite stuff is for 'tard boys who couldn't figure out how
to put up an antenna or tune a shortwave receiver if their sorry lives depended
upon it.

Long live shortwave and shortwave DX'ing.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

David May 15th 05 08:45 PM

On Sun, 15 May 2005 16:46:55 +0100, "M. J. Powell"
wrote:

In message , David
writes
wrote:

Radio blackout on the shortwave frequencies here in North America.
Blame satilite radio services (XM and Sirius) combine that with the
adgenda of the WTO.

You gotta be a masochist to put up with the static and distortion
while program listening. Why put precious tax dollars into klunky
tube transmitters when more elegant delivery methods are available?

Because it's more fun. It gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Mike

So the taxpayers of the world should subsidize our ''hobby''?

dxAce May 15th 05 08:48 PM

David wrote:

On Sun, 15 May 2005 16:46:55 +0100, "M. J. Powell"
wrote:

In message , David
writes
wrote:

Radio blackout on the shortwave frequencies here in North America.
Blame satilite radio services (XM and Sirius) combine that with the
adgenda of the WTO.

You gotta be a masochist to put up with the static and distortion
while program listening. Why put precious tax dollars into klunky
tube transmitters when more elegant delivery methods are available?

Because it's more fun. It gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Mike

So the taxpayers of the world should subsidize our ''hobby''?

'Your' hobby 'tard boy...? Satellite receivers are 'your' hobby. (That and
posting off the wall crap).

Now go hit the sidewalk and tote it.

dxAce
Michigan