Old May 14th 05, 03:32 AM
Aussie FM/SW DXer

Default Shortwave Radio Station Transmitter Site Archive

Dear Dxers, Radio Enthusiats, Broadcast Engineers & Radio Journalists,

I am compiling 2 MS Excel databases that currently reside on a Yahoo
Groups webpage/site.

The first file deals with Current Shortwave TXer sites, the second with
Extinct/No longer operational SW Txer sites.

The Excel worksheets for both files are divided into continental
regions. Within each worksheet there are fields for:
a) Country (Current) that this site is located in.
b) The actual precise SW Txer site.
c) A check box to tick or mark if you have QSLed or Logged a radio
station using this SW TXer Site.
d) A list of Radio broadcasters using this TX site
e) Date that this site became operational (if known - lots of help
required here). NB for the extinct site Excel file I include the
decommissioned date for the site (where known, lot of help
f) Date this site was QSL'ed or logged

This is a huge project that is intended to complement information in
the WRTH & the TDP "TRANSMITTER" website. These files will become
FREELY available for ALL DXers in the near future. For the moment I
need the ASSISTANCE of people to help get the project finished. I need
detailed information on actual precise SW TXer sites (Yes the WRTH has
been referenced along with my own personal research). Dates that SW
transmitter sites were established & decommissioned & to a lesser
extent users of SW sites. These lists deal with international and
domestic brandcast band SW radio broadcast stations only. There are
many people out there reading this message who will have access to some
of this information.

Sadly accurate SW TXer site details, particularily of the South
American domestic broadcasters are not widely known. For example in
Mexico City the WRTH lists SW site as Mexico city for all of the SW
domestic broadcasters there. Obviously Mexico City is a VERY LARGE city
& I could image that the SW sites are spread accross different parts of
the city across many different suburbs. We should be able to at least
indicate a unique suburb name to each SW Txer site used by the SW
broacaster. Eg for Radio Education or for Radio mexico international. I
hope you can see my intentions here.

If we can pool our total resources together we can create a great
resource for all SW DXers. I encourage you to contribute. Once the
files are close to being accesptable I will completely open the Yahoo
Groups website to complete open public access where hobbyists & others
can:-

a) freely download these files
b) contribute information about SW Txer sites adds/moves & changes in
the open message area.

This is a project that I have wanted to undertake for many years. It is
finally coming to light. To get it completed I need your assistance.
Your assistance will be for the better of the global SW DX community.

I hope I some of you can help. I look forward to hearing from you. All
assistance will be credited unless otherwise stated.

Genuine expressions of interest are encouraged to e-mail me at theis
address (please REMOVE all appearances of the number "6'' from the
email address below). I don't like spam. Thank you.

6m (reply to this address only)

Regards & good dxing

Ian Baxter
Australia