Old May 15th 05, 10:39 PM
AussieSeek.com

Default A Good face for RADIO

Theres been some discussion on the NZ radio news group on who coined
the [phrase,,, Oh !!! Hes got a nice face for radio !!!
It all started when someone put up a link to a Wayne Mac Photo of some
of the early guys at 2WS AM..Oh look At him. He doesnt look like he
sounds.
I could never have imagined he looks like that in real life.
Well its radio... so the face behind the name,, or mike is not
tanamount
but you wouldnt expect John Laws to look like a painted Alice Cooper
would you now?...
its the brain behind the voice that makes the difference.
Not the face behind the voice.
Mind you a good face Helps. Tim Webster seems to have been blessed.
He has it both ways. A good Voice for Radio and a good face for TV.
But it matters not much to me.. I think.
It doesnt bother me that my favourite AFL player sounds like a boy
soprano
and the club is paying for voice lessons so his media voice clips can
be understood.. as long as he kicks well.
The Alternative would be to says he is mute and heres his spokesperson
It was the ABC that opened the door to ordinary Australian voices
on Radio.It must have been hell in London for the BBC to add accents
over there.
May be we owe a lot to Normine from the Parthenon Milk Bar for the
Individual Voice of Bob Hudson appearing on radio... and not many
would not like the could have been.Would have been.
Commercial Radio was slow on the uptake.
John Brennan lately was smart to add Frank Crook to overnight.. now
theres an individual voice and a brain but Frank cringes if someone
asks for his photo on air. he is a Sound Good-Look good model but his
modesty rules.
he he.
How about You?
Do you have a great face For Radio?
I like that song.. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
get an ugly woman to be your wife.. But I dont care my fantasy will
always bethat photo of Britney on the Fridge.
The Super Radio Network thinks a face is Important. They ask for a
Photo
with Job Applications for Jock Jobs.May be the bosses wife thumbs
throuh job Applications

Id send them a photo of Tom Cruise instead in Protest.
On Turning up theyd say... But You dont anything like your photo or how

you sounded on the phone or in your audition tape.

Eh?

But settle down.Sadly. It IS a meat market out there and thanks to Tom
you got the Job.
Gotta go now. The records running out and the Panel OP is peering
throgh
the studio Glass
Oh !!! Hes got a nice face for radio !!!

Keith

F.S. More Good Stuff Brian Hill Boatanchors 1 October 31st 08 07:20 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] Antenna 0 April 25th 05 03:43 AM
F.S. More good stuff. Brian Hill Swap 0 February 16th 05 05:22 PM
Steveo, your face smashed good [email protected] name CB 1 February 2nd 05 10:02 PM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] Shortwave 3 January 26th 05 09:37 PM