Old May 29th 05, 03:09 AM
Sparky Voltz

Default Pirate on 6800 kHz recently... anyone copy?

As some of you may know, I've been posting on various newsgroups as to
the formation of a new group of radio outlaws. We're licensed hams,
CB'ers, Freebanders, and general phreekin'cie phreeks. Without going
into overly boring detail as to my own personal radio history (you're
more than welcome to check that out at the Yahoo! group's URL listed
below if you're so inclined), a bunch of us have picked 6.8 MHz LSB
for 2-way comms, in addition to 13.555 MHz USB. (And let's not forget
11 meters and all it has to offer -- when ol' Sol allows.) Recently,
I happened to be monitoring our 6.8 phreekin'cie and heard a Pirate
Broadcaster with quite interesting programming. It consisted mainly
of "Number 9, Number 9, Number 9 from the Beatles' "White Album",
mixed with all sorts of quite interesting and innovative loops from
other Shortwave related broadcasts, etc.

Did anyone else happen to hear this broadcaster? I think it was on
Monday morning at around 0200 Z. I thought it was quite interesting
that this individual chose our HF freeband channel instead of moving
up the band to the usual 6925 kHz frequency. Perhaps it was one of
our own members, but so far he/she hasn't said a word claiming
responsibility. I heartily encourage any pirate broadcast activity on
6.8 MHz, as it will surely attract attention to our quickly growing
group of phun-loving phreekin'cy radio renegades.

Rest assured, I am NOT a "Troll". I've been here on Usenet too long
to waste my time trolling for reactions to controversial postings. As
the title of one of Weather Report's last recordings, "This is This",
and what you see is what you get. Please forgive the mixed metaphors.

All ham radio operators, CB'ers, SWL's, professional broadcast
engineers, on-air talent, station owners, and anyone else interested
in clandestine radio operation is highly encouraged to join in on the
phun. Heck, you don't have to be a "techie" or any type of radio guru
to join in on the phun. Just be smart about it if and when you choose
to operate. Not that Uncle Charlie seems to care one way or another
about 2-way communications in general (as long as they're not
interfering with established and licensed entities), rather, their
main interest seems to be in anything consumer-wireless related, like
wireless toothbrushes, wireless beer pourers, wireless wires, etc.
You get the idea. Two way radio is low on their priority list,
thankfully.

Enough banter. Did anyone hear the broadcaster? Or, has anyone heard
any of our members on the above mentioned phreekin'cies? Listen up!
We're here, we're there, we're everywhere! And, by jinkies, we're
having a ball.

Vy 73 -- ~Sparky~

-------------------------
Often imitated -- NEVER duplicated!

Sparky -- AM/FM/SSB/CW from the ol' Cornpatch Mobile:

KALL-2671 -- CB Radio;
Unit 412/RF412/CO3026 -- Freeband 26-28MHz;
Radio Outlaw 412 -- 6.800 LSB & 13.555 USB;
W9*** -- Amateur (Ham) Radio;
WQRM313 -- GMRS;
M/V Mysterious Traveller -- Marine;
plus FRS, MURS, Shortwave... in other words DC to Daylight.

....got frequencies? ...got phun phreekin'cies?

Please join us at:

Old May 29th 05, 03:25 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Sparky Voltz wrote:

As some of you may know, I've been posting on various newsgroups as
to the formation of a new group of radio outlaws. We're licensed
hams, CB'ers, Freebanders, and general phreekin'cie phreeks. Without
going into overly boring detail as to my own personal radio history
(you're more than welcome to check that out at the Yahoo! group's URL
listed below if you're so inclined), a bunch of us have picked 6.8
MHz LSB for 2-way comms, in addition to 13.555 MHz USB. (And let's
not forget 11 meters and all it has to offer -- when ol' Sol allows.)
Recently, I happened to be monitoring our 6.8 phreekin'cie and
heard a Pirate Broadcaster with quite interesting programming. It
consisted mainly of "Number 9, Number 9, Number 9 from the Beatles'
"White Album", mixed with all sorts of quite interesting and
innovative loops from other Shortwave related broadcasts, etc.

If all you are interested in is 2-way communications then why don't you
get your ham ticket?

Pirates are a different story as a broadcasting station and license are
a much larger cost and a lot more effort to get.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 30th 05, 04:58 AM
Sparky Voltz

DUH. I already have my "ham ticket", thankyouverymuch. You needn't
tell me the woes of buying into the commercial broadcast industry,
either; I'm well aware of the FCC's requirements for such activity.

The common thing about pirating, both 2-way, and broadcasting is...
are you ready for this revelation? -- GETTING AWAY WITH IT. That's
the PHUN of it, dear telamon.

Do yourself a favor and read up on the subject. Better yet, buy
yourself a receiver, do some tuning around, and figure it out for
yourself.

But thanks anyway for something we all already know. (DUH)

Again I pose the question, did anyone hear a broadcaster on 6.8 MHz AM
or not? Simple question deserves a simple answer, no?

73 -- ~Sparky~

-------------------------
Often imitated -- NEVER duplicated!

Sparky -- AM/FM/SSB/CW from the ol' Cornpatch Mobile:

KALL-2671 -- CB Radio;
Unit 412/RF412/CO3026 -- Freeband 26-28MHz;
Radio Outlaw 412 -- 6.800 LSB & 13.555 USB;
W9*** -- Amateur (Ham) Radio;
WQRM313 -- GMRS;
M/V Mysterious Traveller -- Marine;
plus FRS, MURS, Shortwave... in other words DC to Daylight.

....got frequencies? ...got phun phreekin'cies?

Please join us at:

On Sun, 29 May 2005 02:25:51 GMT, Telamon
amazed us with:

Old May 30th 05, 05:10 AM
John Smith

.... all radios are tuned for 6.8 Mhz... go ahead with your transmission
mystery station... grin

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 30th 05, 05:26 PM
Telamon

In article ,
Sparky Voltz wrote:

DUH. I already have my "ham ticket", thankyouverymuch. You needn't
tell me the woes of buying into the commercial broadcast industry,
either; I'm well aware of the FCC's requirements for such activity.

The common thing about pirating, both 2-way, and broadcasting is...
are you ready for this revelation? -- GETTING AWAY WITH IT. That's
the PHUN of it, dear telamon.

You like cheap thrills then. Well have fun.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM
"Spirit of pirate radio survives despite station's shutdown! Mike Terry Broadcasting 1 February 7th 05 05:11 AM
Pirate 6925mhz 0100 UTC "Smooth Blues Radio" Diverd4777 Shortwave 0 April 6th 04 02:19 PM
How do I make a cheap but good pirate radio antenna 'Doc Antenna 14 August 1st 03 03:19 AM
Anyone have a copy of PC895? David Casey Scanner 3 July 8th 03 09:11 PM