Old May 31st 05, 12:44 AM

Default slightly OT, LW DGPS question.

Since the HF/SW bands are trash this afternoon I
decided to tune around the LW/LF band and see what
I could find. I found a very strong DGPS FSK signal
on 317KHz. It is either Hartsville TN,or St. Paul MN.
See for a nation wide list of active DGPS stations:
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/ado/DgpsC...on_tabular.asp

Does anyone know if there are any software programs
to decode the FSK? The DGPS stations are about evenly
split between 100 and 200 bps.

LF is much quiter then I expected for a May night.
Some distant lightning crashes, but not too bad with
the NB on.

Terry

Old May 31st 05, 12:12 PM
Al

Hi Terry,
go to the following site:
http://www.beaconworld.org.uk/download.htm
then near the bottom is a section called DGPS Databases and Articles. Within
that is a pdf file called Introduction to DGPS DXing. This should answer a
lot of questions about DGPS and it talks about software for decoding it.
This site is excellent for info about LW in general.

Al KA5JGV

Old May 31st 05, 03:39 PM

Thanks for the link.
I will download ALL of the PDF's.
While summer isn't the best time to do LF DXing,
if it is there, I will listen or something like that.

Terry