Old June 2nd 05, 10:52 PM
Tebojockey

Default Que Huong Radio

Que Huong Radio, f/d Que Huong Radio & Newspaper card in 17 days for
$1 and English report to California address. Also sent a coupon for a
local (to CA) Vietnamese restaurant. I'm closer to the real thing!
LOL. This is a clandestine broadcasting to VietNam.

Al in CNMI

Old June 3rd 05, 12:41 AM
James

Can someone interpret this message, in English ???

--James--

-----------------------

Old June 3rd 05, 12:48 AM
dxAce

James wrote:

Can someone interpret this message, in English ???

What part don't you understand?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

--James--

-----------------------

Old June 3rd 05, 12:52 AM
James

Each sentence.

--James--

-----------------------------------

Old June 3rd 05, 01:05 AM
Tebojockey

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:52:47 -0400, "James"
wrote:

Each sentence.

--James--

-----------------------------------

James wrote:

Can someone interpret this message, in English ???

What part don't you understand?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

--James--

-----------------------

Que Huong Radio, f/d Que Huong Radio & Newspaper card in 17 days for
$1 and English report to California address. Also sent a coupon for a
local (to CA) Vietnamese restaurant. I'm closer to the real thing!
LOL. This is a clandestine broadcasting to VietNam.

No end to the sniping in this place, LOL. James, if you'll send me
your snail mail address, I'll splurge and buy you a new Webster's
dictionary. LOL.

Al in CNMI

Old June 3rd 05, 01:16 AM
dxAce

Tebojockey wrote:

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:52:47 -0400, "James"
wrote:

Each sentence.

--James--

-----------------------------------

James wrote:

Can someone interpret this message, in English ???

What part don't you understand?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

--James--

-----------------------

Que Huong Radio, f/d Que Huong Radio & Newspaper card in 17 days for
$1 and English report to California address. Also sent a coupon for a
local (to CA) Vietnamese restaurant. I'm closer to the real thing!
LOL. This is a clandestine broadcasting to VietNam.

No end to the sniping in this place, LOL. James, if you'll send me
your snail mail address, I'll splurge and buy you a new Webster's
dictionary. LOL.

Heck, I offered to help him out. More than ready to do so.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 3rd 05, 02:48 AM
Brian Hill

"James" wrote in message
Can someone interpret this message, in English ???

--James--

Tebojockey QSLed the station and got a reply in 17 days and a coupon to a
local resterant. It's considered a clandestine operation in Vietnam because
it speaks out against their Gov. Heres some more info on the station.

Que Huong Radio or Fatherland Radio:

Ms. Doan Trang. The firm launched 24-hour Vietnamese broadcasts in San Jose,
CA, on KZSJ 1120 AM in 1994. It launched a newspaper in 1996. The short wave
programs, according to Trang, "are trying to promote freedom and human
rights... in Vietnam."

Location

KWHR, Hawaii. Station purchased airtime via TDP, a frequency broker
based in Belgium.

Languages

Vietnamese

Identification

(Vietnamese) Que Huong Radio

Active

November 1999 - present

Contact

2670 S. White Road, Suite 165, San Jose, CA 95148, U.S.A.
E-mail:
Nguyen Khoi, Manager of Que Huong Radio

B.H.
Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/

Attached Images
File Type: gif x.gif (43 Bytes, 58 views)
Old June 3rd 05, 04:04 AM
running dogg

Brian Hill wrote:

"James" wrote in message
[...]

I knew that the name Que Huong sounded familiar. I must have passed by
the restaurant on one of my trips to San Jose during the dot.com era.