Old June 3rd 05, 05:31 PM
David

Default Demand Accountability From Emporer Bush!

May 27, 2005

Dear Friend:

As many of you are aware, a classified memo was recently disclosed in
Great Britain that I believe has serious ramifications for the
integrity of the United States Government. Dubbed the “Downing Street
Memo,” but actually comprising the minutes of a meeting of Prime
Minister Tony Blair and other top British government officials, the
memo casts serious doubt on many of the contentions of the Bush
Administration in the lead up to the Iraq war. With over 1,600 U.S.
servicemen and servicewomen killed in Iraq, the deaths of hundreds of
thousands of Iraqis, and over $200 billion in taxpayer funds going to
this war effort, we cannot afford to stand by any longer.

Along with 88 of my colleagues, I wrote to the President requesting
answers about this grave matter. Thus far, our search for the truth
has been stonewalled and I need your help. I believe the American
people deserve answers about this matter and should demand directly
that the President tell the truth about the memo. To that end, I am
asking you to sign on to a letter to the President requesting he
answer the questions posed to him by 89 Members of Congress.

I will personally insure that this letter is delivered to the White
House.

You can read the letter here and sign on to it below. You and I know
the White House is just hoping that this matter will fade away, but in
a few short weeks, with our steadfastness, the memo has found its way
into leading newspapers and White House press briefings. With your
help, we can hold this Administration accountable.

Please pass on this important letter to your friends and colleagues,
and ask them to sign as well.

Thank you for your help and support.

John Conyers, Jr.

http://johnconyers.com

Old June 3rd 05, 05:46 PM

Ancient news, not to mention the fact that Rep. John Conyers is a
flaming asshole!

Old June 3rd 05, 05:50 PM

And by the way, Emperor is the correct spelling!

Old June 4th 05, 12:40 AM

Emperor Bokassa certainly didn't think that he had to account for
anything. At least not where his own people were concerned. Keeping
the French happy was another story.

Did I ever tell you about the time when Bokassa ordered a search be
conducted to find his long-lost child in Vietnam? The child was the
result of a relationship he had with some Vietnamese whore during his
military service in the French Indochina during the 1950's.

Old June 5th 05, 12:38 AM
THE BORG

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:01:05 -0400, Cmd Buzz Corey
wrote:

Either way, if Bush is really the Emperor he doesn't have to account for
anything so you're wasting you time. That's one of the perks of being
the Emperor.

You said a LOT there about the current U.S. Administration...