Old June 4th 05, 06:12 AM
jon

Default TenTec BFO Kit?

Greetings! TenTec has a BFO kit that they sell for about $11-$12. Has
anyone used one before? I have a Rat Shack DX-396 that I picked up new
on clearance about a year and a half ago for $27 and I really enjoy the
radio for taking with me in the truck or using with headphones. It
tunes through the SW bands from 2300 to about 21885kh continuous. It
tunes in 5 khz increments. Will that BFO tune far enough to get the
freqs in between the 5 khz steps? Just curious. This thing can be
added inside the case if there is room, or attached to the radio on the
outside, or just put in its own case and just placed close to the
radio. I just thought this might work out nice instead of buying
another portable when I would be satisfied with this if it could tune
on 75, 40, and twenty. Thanks for your input! Have a great weekend!
Jon in South Carolina.