Old June 4th 05, 07:19 AM
Mike Terry

Default World Calendar of Events - June (from today)

SUMMER TIME IS HERE!!!

5th Constitution Day in Armenia and Denmark

6th Memorial Day in South Korea

10th National Holiday in Portugal

11th Kamehamieha Day in Hawaii

12th Independence day in the Philippines and Russia

12th Children's Day in the United States

14th Flag Day in the United States

17th Republic Day in Iceland

18th Liberation Day in the Seychelles

19th National Holiday in Uraguay

20th Father's Day in the United States

21st First Day of Summer in the United States

21st National Holiday in Greenland

23rd Victory Day in Estonia

23rd Independence Day in Croatia

24th St. Jean Baptiste Day in Canada (Quebec)

25th National Day in Mozambique

25th National Holiday in Slovenia

26th Independence Day in Madagascar and Slovenia

27th National Day in Dijibouti

29th Indpendence Day in the Seychelles

30th Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of Congo

.....Give a listening to the countries above and let us know
what you heard on their special days!!! Send them a Recption
Report!!! Good Listening and DX!

(ASWLC)

Old June 4th 05, 11:35 PM
running dogg

Mike Terry wrote:

SUMMER TIME IS HERE!!!

5th Constitution Day in Armenia and Denmark

6th Memorial Day in South Korea

10th National Holiday in Portugal

11th Kamehamieha Day in Hawaii

Besides WWVH, does Hawaii have any SW stations?

12th Independence day in the Philippines and Russia

12th Children's Day in the United States

14th Flag Day in the United States

17th Republic Day in Iceland

18th Liberation Day in the Seychelles

I don't think the Seychelles has a SW station.

19th National Holiday in Uraguay

20th Father's Day in the United States

21st First Day of Summer in the United States

21st National Holiday in Greenland

Is Greenland on SW anymore? I think they used to be on 3990 when I was a
kid (80s) but haven't been for years.

23rd Victory Day in Estonia

23rd Independence Day in Croatia

24th St. Jean Baptiste Day in Canada (Quebec)

25th National Day in Mozambique

25th National Holiday in Slovenia

26th Independence Day in Madagascar and Slovenia

27th National Day in Dijibouti

Djibouti has a brand new SW tx from what I've read. The Americans gave
it to them to thank them for letting the IBB set up a Sawa outlet beamed
to Somalia.

Old June 7th 05, 05:14 PM
Frank Dresser

"running dogg" wrote in message

Besides WWVH, does Hawaii have any SW stations?

LeSEA's KWHR also broadcasts from Hawaii. Of course, there's also amateur
and military transmissions. It seems likely there would be HF avaition
traffic from Hawaii, but I'm not 100% certain.

Frank Dresser

Old June 7th 05, 05:22 PM
dxAce

Frank Dresser wrote:

"running dogg" wrote in message

Besides WWVH, does Hawaii have any SW stations?

LeSEA's KWHR also broadcasts from Hawaii. Of course, there's also amateur
and military transmissions. It seems likely there would be HF avaition
traffic from Hawaii, but I'm not 100% certain.

Yes, those transmitters (KWHR) are known apparently as Angel 3 & 4.

http://www.whr.org/index.cfm/fa/techinfo

dxAce
Michigan
USA