Old June 7th 05, 01:22 PM
Lucky

Default New HF3 and New Power Supply Work Great!

Hi Guys,

Ok, I hooked up my new Astron PSU to my new Nasa Target HF3 receiver last
night. Works like a charm! It's like this PSU is made for this radio. The
radio came with no crummy wall wort PSU. Instead, it came with a DC PSU
cable that has a fuse holder and 1amp fuse on it already. Just needed to be
screwed down.

The {AKD} Nasa Target HF3 is called the Nav-Fax 100 here and the weather fax
capable model is called the Nav-Fax 200. Instead of paying the $288 from the
cheapest U.K. shop I could find, I found it right here in Florida for $150.
Funny how I searched all over the U.K. for it while it was right here in my
own state of Florida! Lucky or what???

No one knew it was renamed once again!
In fact, it says "Sitex" Communications Receiver on it. Nifty little radio
and fun to play with. Nice sounding also. I'm still fooling around with
antennas and getting to know the personality of the receiver.

I'll back to you on it's performance and other things worth noting. So far
it all worked out fine.

Lucky

Old June 8th 05, 04:23 AM

What is the name of the store in FL where found the receiver for
$150.00?

Thanks,

Frank

Old June 8th 05, 05:42 AM
Lucky

wrote in message
ups.com...
What is the name of the store in FL where found the receiver for
$150.00?

Thanks,

Frank

Hi Frank,

you can get it he
http://www.si-tex.com/

You can call Curt Dale
Cust. Service Dept.
SI-TEX Marine Elec.
Tele: (727) 576-5734 (ext. 110)
Fax: (727) 576-5547

He knows what this radio is. The only thing is this Nav-Fax 100 doesn't have
a headphone port. The HF3/P that I was going to get from the U.K. did have
one plus a crummy wall wort supply but that was $288 shipped. For the $150
all you get is the radio, a DC PSU cable with fuse holder and fuse, and a
30Ft antenna attached to a RCA phone plug.

But you can use any 12DC 300mA PSU.
It does say it uses a regulated one though. They may have one with
"accessories" since there was a check on the box for it that wasn't checked
off in my case.

But the sound is very good for a radio in this category. It's like a
tabletop good portable type radio. British made and built well. Nice fly
wheel action.

I've been playing with it {the radio} all night

Lucky

Old June 8th 05, 05:47 AM
Lucky

wrote in message
ups.com...
What is the name of the store in FL where found the receiver for
$150.00?

Thanks,

Frank

Here Frank,

But they only show the 200 model. I know that model is much more expensive.
You have to call for the 100. I see it selling anywhere for $340 to $600.
But I don't need weather faxes so....

http://www.si-tex.com/html/nav-fax_2...___ssb___.html

Lucky

Old June 8th 05, 11:56 PM

Thanks for the info. I think Pete G. did some work with this radios
and came through with some significant performance improvement mods (or
was it the little TenTec radio???). If it's even 1/4 what the HF-150
is, it is a decent radio for that price!

Frank

Old June 9th 05, 06:10 AM
Lucky

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the info. I think Pete G. did some work with this radios
and came through with some significant performance improvement mods (or
was it the little TenTec radio???). If it's even 1/4 what the HF-150
is, it is a decent radio for that price!

Frank

Hmmm I don't know. I have to ask him. It has an attentuator in the same spot
where it is on the 150 also. Works well. Same type of knob action. Not
exactly but very close. I wondering if the "clarifier" is a BFO or some sort
of IF passband. Must be a BFO. Interesting this quasi sychronous detector.
AM comes in exceptionally well.

Lucky

Old June 9th 05, 05:52 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Hi guys,

BTW, I forgot to mention the supplied DC PSU fused cable does already have
the proper plug attached to it to fit the power jack on the radio so no
adaptaplug needed for it. Plus it does come with a small manual and a list
of frequencies all weather related!

Still getting to know the radio. Some people think you turn it on for 5 min
and know everything about it and how to bring out the best performance from
it.
It takes time to "resonate" with a particular radio. So far I'm liking and
enjoying it.

Good day
Lucky

Old June 9th 05, 05:56 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

"Lucky" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Wow! When does the next whine start? I'm kinda bored.

dxAce
Michigan
USA