Old June 8th 05, 02:16 AM

Default Looking for some help

with the Freeplay Summit radio. I noticed when I googled that this
group has people with some experience with this radio. I purchased mine
about two years ago and it appears the battery pack is dead. The very
small manual says to remove the back and I can take out the battery
pack and replace it. However, when I get the back off, I see that the
battery pack is soldered to a circuit board and there seems to be no
means to just unclip the batteries themselves. The batteries are
wrapped in plastic with wires coming out. Do I take off the plastic
around the batteries? Or do I just throw the thing out and get a
different radio?

I have gone to the web sites for both the manufacturer and the US
distributor and neither place has any technical support information at
all.

Thanks for any help people can give me.

Mary Deaton

Old June 8th 05, 08:16 PM
JLewis

Assuming you can find a replacement battery meeting the appropriate specs it
wouldn't be a difficult job to switch them, but if you're not familiar with
soldering and electronics in general, I'd suggest you contact the
manufacturer and ask about sending the radio back for replacement of the
battery...better to spend a few bucks than end up having to buy another
radio.

Your mileage may vary...

John

ups.com...