Old June 15th 05, 05:53 PM
Regnad Kcin

Default WLW Tower

You mean a Blau-Knox tower still stands?

Old June 15th 05, 08:35 PM
Geoff Brozny

"Regnad Kcin" wrote in message
news
You mean a Blau-Knox tower still stands?

WBNS-AM still has one as well, not the best picture though..

http://www.glorb.com/news/wbns-am.jpg

geoff

Old June 15th 05, 11:54 PM
Al

Regnad Kcin wrote:

You mean a Blau-Knox tower still stands?

It surely does. 800+ feet tall.

Old June 16th 05, 12:47 AM
David Eduardo

"Regnad Kcin" wrote in message
news
You mean a Blau-Knox tower still stands?

WLW, WSM Nashville, and I believe one tower of a station in New Hampshire
and the WBT array in NC.

http://hawkins.pair.com/blaw-knox.html

Old June 16th 05, 03:13 AM
Bill Amann Jr

Great picture I just set it for my wallpaper !

Old June 16th 05, 06:34 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

David Eduardo wrote:
You mean a Blau-Knox tower still stands?

WLW, WSM Nashville, and I believe one tower of a station in New Hampshire
and the WBT array in NC.

Yep, I've seen the one in NH. WFEA-1370 if I recall properly.

I thought WBT had to replace theirs with traditional towers after
Hurricane Hugo damage? May be remembering that wrong.

The City of Brentwood has built a nice park about two city blocks from
the WSM site, and a sidewalk just outside the property fence. You can
now safely walk along the fence & admire the tower & the rest of the
facility.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old June 17th 05, 04:42 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Doug Smith W9WI wrote:

I thought WBT had to replace theirs with traditional towers after
Hurricane Hugo damage? May be remembering that wrong.

The City of Brentwood has built a nice park about two city blocks from
the WSM site, and a sidewalk just outside the property fence. You can
now safely walk along the fence & admire the tower & the rest of the
facility.
--
Doug Smith W9WI

According to their promo on WSM online, its 804 foot.

I'd like the nickel tour of the transmitter site and to see all of
the Ryman Auditorium, but I doubt I'll ever be able to travel that far,
again. I've always wanted to see the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman
Auditorium, but I never got the chance. I have driven through Tennessee
twice on I-75 on a Friday night back in the early '70s and didn't have
time to stop.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old June 17th 05, 09:43 AM
Brenda Ann

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Doug Smith W9WI wrote:

I thought WBT had to replace theirs with traditional towers after
Hurricane Hugo damage? May be remembering that wrong.

The City of Brentwood has built a nice park about two city blocks from
the WSM site, and a sidewalk just outside the property fence. You can
now safely walk along the fence & admire the tower & the rest of the
facility.
--
Doug Smith W9WI

According to their promo on WSM online, its 804 foot.

I'd like the nickel tour of the transmitter site and to see all of
the Ryman Auditorium, but I doubt I'll ever be able to travel that far,
again. I've always wanted to see the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman
Auditorium, but I never got the chance. I have driven through Tennessee
twice on I-75 on a Friday night back in the early '70s and didn't have
time to stop.

Two years ago, we were just a few miles from Nashville, visiting Andre
Norton in Murfreesboro.. the first and only time I was ever within local
signal range of WSM. Even happened to be on a Saturday night, so I got to
listen to the Opry. I should have taken that opportunity to visit the
station and/or the transmitter site, as I won't have a reason to be in the
area again.

Old June 18th 05, 03:38 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Brenda, have you ever looked at: http://hawkins.pair.com/radio.html