Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 17th 05, 03:25 PM
Lucky

Default Window Frame as a Ground??

Hi guys!

I live on the 23rd floor of a building so I can't use the earth directly for
the ground.
The options in my "radio room" are the ground from the electrical sockets
and that's about it.

I've heard I can roll out 10ft of tin foil on the floor as a ground {that's
out}, or, use the window frames as a good ground. As far as I can tell, the
window frame looks to be aluminum or some sort of alloy.

Have any of you heard of using a window frame as a ground? I think I read it
in this NG that someone recommended it and was using it for his ground. I've
been using the ground from an electrical outlet.

But being that so many people live in the building that use appliances and
other plugged in items all day and night, I sometimes get what seems like
bad feedback affecting the receiver.

So what do you think of the window frame for the ground then? I welcome any
other options I can use in a room very far from a direct earth ground. The
bathroom pipes are all the way across the room separated by a wall. Not easy
to get to.

Thanks for any help
Lucky

Gain of Vertical Antenna Roy Lewallen Antenna 17 April 6th 05 02:45 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
tuning a window frame Alexander S. Wood Antenna 14 August 8th 03 06:49 AM