Old June 20th 05, 02:05 PM
David

Default (This explains a lot) Fox News Nerve Gassing Gemployees

Friday, Jun 17
Exclusive: Following Employee's Hospitalization And Insecticide
Complaints, OSHA Investigates Fox News

TVNewser Exclusive: Production and technical personnel at Fox News
Channel were exposed to diazinon, a neurotoxin class insecticide
banned by the EPA for indoor use since the year 2000, according to a
complaint now under investigation by the Occupational Safety and
Health Administration.

When contacted by TVNewser today, Richard Mendelson, the director of
OSHA's office in Manhattan, confirmed said that the network has been
contacted regarding the complaint.

"I just pulled the file, and we do have an open complaint against Fox
News Channel," he said. "The complaint was lodged on June 10."

A Fox News spokesperson said the company has not been contacted by
OSHA, but Mendelson said simply: "They've been contacted." He was
unable to share the specifics because it is an open case. But an
anonymous tipster filled in the details earlier this week.

"A technical employee was removed by ambulance and hospitalized for
several days in March 2005 immediately after untrained building
personnel had sprayed the technical employee lounge, unbeknownst to
FNC workers on break there," the tipster wrote. "Besides illegal use
of a neurotoxin, typical legal requirements that warnings be posted
concerning the treatment of areas and the products in use were not
being practiced by FNC or the untrained, unlicensed employees."

Mendelson said Fox has been contacted with a non-formal complaint.

"A non-formal complaint consists of a call to the employer followed by
a letter," he said. "The turnaround time on that is always less than a
day. The employer has to respond back to us within five working days."
If the network responds and fixes the problem, they will not receive a
citation. But "if the employer ignores us, we're going to go knock on
their door," Mendelson said, adding that FNC's deadline for response
is June 21.

The New York State Department Of Environmental Conservation may also
be involved in the investigation. A call to its media relations
department was not returned.

According to the tipster, FNC management claims that the incident was
isolated. But the tipster, who is apparently a longtime employee,
characterized that as "bull****." "The same guys have been spraying
the same stuff for years and no one would listen when people
complained it was making people sick," the e-mail said.

This FAQ by the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry says
that "diazinon affects the nervous system. Some mild symptoms include
headache, dizziness, weakness, feelings of anxiety, constriction of
the pupils of the eye, and not being able to see clearly. More severe
symptoms include nausea and vomiting, abdominal cramps, slow pulse,
diarrhea, pinpoint pupils, difficulty breathing, and coma."

Posted by brian | 02:25 PM | FNC

mediabistro

Old June 20th 05, 05:24 PM
Michael Lawson

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
snipped it all

The "nerve gas" in the article is Diazinon - a bug poison commonly

commonly used
in gardening. You can get it in liquid form for use in a tank or

hose end
sprayer, or granules for use in a lawn spreader.

Apparently, someone goofed and used some indoors.

You can't get it anymore, I believe, but you
can use what you have in reserve. That sounds
like the stuff that the EPA decided to ban, and
gardeners all over the place snapped up what
was left. I should have some around myself; it's very
effective when used properly.

It's just like the stuff from 3M that protects
upholstery and carpeting: the EPA decided to ban
it, and parents everywhere made a run for the stuff
because it does such a good job of protecting your
furniture. The only people who made out like
bandits on it were the upholstery cleaning companies.

What's next - a report indicating George Bush sent pure hydric acid

to to Iraq
for the civilians to drink?

Actually, it will be ascorbic acid injected drinks.
Which, to those in the know, is Vitamin C added
to juices.

--Mike L.

Old June 20th 05, 07:47 PM
clifto

MnMikew wrote:
"David" wrote...
"immediately after untrained building personnel had sprayed the technical
employee lounge, unbeknownst to FNC workers on break there,"

I'm surprised you didn't blame this on Bush.

I'm having a great deal of trouble finding anything on this from any
on-line news source at all, using Google to search the news for the
quoted string "fox news" with "osha" or "spray" or "diazinon" or several
other descriptive words. I smell a hoax. There are literally hundreds
of other news services who would love to report this about Fox, so it
shouldn't be hard to find at least a dozen using Google news.

Old June 20th 05, 10:04 PM
David

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:47:36 -0500, clifto wrote:

MnMikew wrote:
"David" wrote...
"immediately after untrained building personnel had sprayed the technical
employee lounge, unbeknownst to FNC workers on break there,"

I'm surprised you didn't blame this on Bush.

I'm having a great deal of trouble finding anything on this from any
on-line news source at all, using Google to search the news for the
quoted string "fox news" with "osha" or "spray" or "diazinon" or several
other descriptive words. I smell a hoax. There are literally hundreds
of other news services who would love to report this about Fox, so it
shouldn't be hard to find at least a dozen using Google news.

A hoax perhaps, but the word ''Exclusive'' may be a clue as to why no
one besides us knows about it. Why don't you ask these people if it's
a hoax:

http://tinyurl.com/9rrj2

Old June 20th 05, 11:00 PM
MnMikew

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:47:36 -0500, clifto wrote:

MnMikew wrote:
"David" wrote...
"immediately after untrained building personnel had sprayed the

technical
employee lounge, unbeknownst to FNC workers on break there,"

I'm surprised you didn't blame this on Bush.

I'm having a great deal of trouble finding anything on this from any
on-line news source at all, using Google to search the news for the
quoted string "fox news" with "osha" or "spray" or "diazinon" or several
other descriptive words. I smell a hoax. There are literally hundreds
of other news services who would love to report this about Fox, so it
shouldn't be hard to find at least a dozen using Google news.

A hoax perhaps, but the word ''Exclusive'' may be a clue as to why no
one besides us knows about it. Why don't you ask these people if it's
a hoax:

http://tinyurl.com/9rrj2

A blog with a "tip" from probably a disgruntled employee. And it's not like
Fox News were the ones spraying the crap now was it. The building mgmt
people are to blame not Fox. Any normal person can see that.

Old June 20th 05, 11:10 PM
dxAce

MnMikew wrote:

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:47:36 -0500, clifto wrote:

MnMikew wrote:
"David" wrote...
[...]

Key word being 'normal'.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 21st 05, 01:34 AM
David

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:00:01 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:47:36 -0500, clifto wrote:

MnMikew wrote:
"David" wrote...
[...]

Apparently, FNC management refused to stop the practice, which had
been going-on for some time.

Old June 21st 05, 01:56 AM
Li_Changchun

The FNC is in the exterminating business? Interesting.
The leftists are getting exceedingly desperate.
After desperate comes exceedingly dangerous.

Be prepared for the NeocoM Wehrmacht.
Red arm band affixed, I can hear David's goose-steps now...

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:00:01 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:47:36 -0500, clifto wrote:

MnMikew wrote:
"David" wrote...
[...]

What is the typical price/length of a syndicated radio news contract? Scott McCollum Broadcasting 4 April 20th 04 09:08 PM
NEWS, News & more NEWS ! Dave or Debby CB 2 February 27th 04 07:48 PM
RNZI Previews #275. 29 Nov-5 Dec '03 John A. Figliozzi Shortwave 0 November 29th 03 07:59 PM
Auto News Group Poster ian General 8 October 16th 03 10:06 PM
Auto News Group Poster ian General 0 October 8th 03 05:31 PM