Old June 27th 05, 10:41 PM

Default SAR comms heard on 5717

I just heard Halifax military talking about a vessel called the
Chaquita. It's apparently in distress.

Steve

Old June 27th 05, 11:12 PM

Halifax military just informed Rescue 317 that there's a life raft on
board as well as a VHF radio. I'm not reading Rescue 317 very well from
my location in Brooklyn.

Steve

Old June 27th 05, 11:17 PM

It's a four person life raft and the mast of the vessel--the
Chaquita--is approximately 50 feet.

Old June 28th 05, 01:55 AM

Jeez, I just tuned to 5717 again and they're talking about a flight
surgeon having to make some "determination"....sounds bad.

Steve

Old June 28th 05, 02:01 AM
Jim Hackett

This is a BIG country. Which part are you in?

oups.com...

Old June 28th 05, 02:05 AM
mike0219116

I'm picking them up at about S-7 here in S.E. Kansas. It's been quiet
the last couple of minutes.

Old June 28th 05, 02:06 AM

See above. Brooklyn, NY

Old June 28th 05, 02:08 AM
Jim Hackett

That would explain why it is SO weak I can't quite copy it here in San
Jose...

wrote in message
oups.com...
See above. Brooklyn, NY

Old June 28th 05, 02:42 AM

Interesting. Halifax military contacted Rescue 317 with the message "Do
not jump. Repeat: do not jump." They've also got some sort of phone
patch going on with a flight surgeon.

Steve

Old June 28th 05, 02:44 AM

I spoke too soon: now Halifax military says "Sartec jump approved"

Steve