Old July 1st 05, 03:59 AM
Burr

Default It's About Time

Down to five days till I'll be free.

Last week I fired myself so I am job less, next week I sell the house so
I'll be homeless.

I'll stay in the motor home until the check clears then I'll buy a ticket to
the Philippines.

I have shipped 31 boxes of "stuff" and should ship maybe 10 more next week.

Looks like I am out of here.

Burr

Old July 1st 05, 05:02 AM
Telamon

In article Dk2xe.17309$Xr6.13205@trnddc07, "Burr"
wrote:

Down to five days till I'll be free.

Last week I fired myself so I am job less, next week I sell the house so
I'll be homeless.

I'll stay in the motor home until the check clears then I'll buy a ticket to
the Philippines.

I have shipped 31 boxes of "stuff" and should ship maybe 10 more next week.

Looks like I am out of here.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

Will we hear from you once you get settled in the Philippines?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 1st 05, 05:51 AM
Brenda Ann

"Burr" wrote in message
newsk2xe.17309$Xr6.13205@trnddc07...
Down to five days till I'll be free.

Last week I fired myself so I am job less, next week I sell the house so
I'll be homeless.

I'll stay in the motor home until the check clears then I'll buy a ticket

the Philippines.

I have shipped 31 boxes of "stuff" and should ship maybe 10 more next

week.

Looks like I am out of here.

Sure picking a bad time of year to move to this part of the world.
Monsoons.. and day-um is it wet, and hot, and humid, and...

Be sure to keep me up on your locale.

Old July 1st 05, 06:13 AM
jon

Greetings! Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but are you making a
permanent move, or is this a retirement starting over kind of thing?
Are you coming back to the states? Best wishes whatever the reason. I
imagine you will keep in touch via the newsgroup. Jon in SC.

Old July 1st 05, 02:31 PM
Dan

Hello Burr:

well, Bon Voyage !

what part of The Phillipines are you moving to?

Keep in touch if possible

Dan

Old July 1st 05, 04:01 PM
Burr

"Burr" wrote in message
newsk2xe.17309$Xr6.13205@trnddc07...
Down to five days till I'll be free.

Last week I fired myself so I am job less, next week I sell the house so
I'll be homeless.

I'll stay in the motor home until the check clears then I'll buy a ticket
to the Philippines.

I have shipped 31 boxes of "stuff" and should ship maybe 10 more next
week.

Looks like I am out of here.

Burr

I'll be north on Manila for the first year then we should have a house built
on Palawan.

Yes, I am retired, sold my business, homes and cars. Keep the motor home
just to have something to stay in when we come back for a week or so.

I'll still be on line, having DSL put in next week.

I am looking forward to doing a lot of DXing, fishing and diving.

Burr

Old July 1st 05, 05:40 PM
Dan

I'll be north on Manila for the first year then we should have a house built
on Palawan.

Yes, I am retired, sold my business, homes and cars. Keep the motor home
just to have something to stay in when we come back for a week or so.

I'll still be on line, having DSL put in next week.

I am looking forward to doing a lot of DXing, fishing and diving.

Burr

You do know how to retire in style Burr

http://www.lakbaypilipinas.com/trave...staurants.html

The diving out around those Islands must be Sensational...

and at night, no ones going to bother you about 300 foot antennas &
such..

Old July 1st 05, 08:08 PM
Lucky

"Burr" wrote in message
newsk2xe.17309$Xr6.13205@trnddc07...
Down to five days till I'll be free.

Last week I fired myself so I am job less, next week I sell the house so
I'll be homeless.

I'll stay in the motor home until the check clears then I'll buy a ticket
to the Philippines.

I have shipped 31 boxes of "stuff" and should ship maybe 10 more next
week.

Looks like I am out of here.

Burr

Hi Burr

My cousin has lived there on and off. He says he likes it. Money goes far
and the girls are just very sweet and are very loyal to their men and treat
them very nice. Personally I think it's still a dangerous place for
Americans to live in this time and age.

Lucky

Old July 2nd 05, 12:37 AM
running dogg

Lucky wrote:

"Burr" wrote in message
newsk2xe.17309$Xr6.13205@trnddc07...
Down to five days till I'll be free.

Last week I fired myself so I am job less, next week I sell the house so
I'll be homeless.

I'll stay in the motor home until the check clears then I'll buy a ticket
to the Philippines.

I have shipped 31 boxes of "stuff" and should ship maybe 10 more next
week.

Looks like I am out of here.

Burr

Hi Burr

My cousin has lived there on and off. He says he likes it. Money goes far
and the girls are just very sweet and are very loyal to their men and treat
them very nice. Personally I think it's still a dangerous place for
Americans to live in this time and age.

Lucky

Not necessarily. As long as you stay out of the Muslim areas you should
be relatively safe. Christian Filipinos are still relatively friendly to
Americans, despite their experiences with Marcos. The Philippines had 50
soldiers in Iraq until they decided that the heat was too much to bear
staying in the kitchen. Filipino troops are trained by American soldiers
on how to fight their own Muslim insurgents. If you want to be literal,
any place outside of the US is dangerous for Americans to be nowadays.
But I'd rather be in the Philippines or Thailand than some places in
Europe.

Old July 2nd 05, 05:44 PM
Lucky

"running dogg" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

"Burr" wrote in message
[...]

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Hi

I tend to disagree. The longer you live there, the better known you will
get. When these guys go looking for an American to get even with for
something that happens in Iraq or to the Muslim world, they will go with the
simpliest path in their brain which is the first American they can think of.
That well known American. They will already know his routine and it will
easy to capture him.

Once these guys get a hold of you, you are pretty much finished. All for
what? Good cheap living and fun that might end badly one day. I think it's
best to stay in this country for now unless you're going somewhere more safe
and cultured.

Even Europe isn't safe for Americans these days. I would be scared all the
time all alone in a foreign country. Most people feel they will be protected
like they are in America, only to find out the hard way no one's give a ****
about your rights outside this country. Stay home for now till things get
better politically unless again it's a well cultured country.

Lucky