Old July 4th 05, 07:13 PM
Tai Ping Yang

Default All Revolutions are Not Created Equal

There are revolutions, and then there are revolutions.

Revolution is an American’s heritage. We had a revolution in the 13 colonies
in 1776, and the nation was born with the Declaration of Independence on
July 4.

This founding document of our young nation, though, was actually not a call
to revolution or rebellion. Check the text, and you won’t find
“revolution/revolt” or “rebellion/rebel” anywhere.

It was a noble call to uphold the “Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God”—a
call to respect the highest traditions and principles of humanity, not to
destroy them.

The Declaration sought to throw off the bonds of tyranny from an overseas
power that “excited domestic Insurrection among us.” It listed in detail the
many outrageous offenses committed by the British crown against people who,
by and large, wanted to remain loyal subjects.

It was a reluctant revolution that was fought vigorously once the decision
was made, yet the Declaration graciously referred to the crown as “Enemies
in War, in Peace, Friends.”

The Declaration did not declare war, but actually “Separation” under the
guidance of “Prudence.” The authors sought to preserve dignity, honor,
justice, and ultimately peace—not to create ongoing strife.

In stark contrast, the instigators of the various communist revolutions of
the 20th century sought precisely to create a state of ongoing strife among
“classes.” A particular class would be selected as the “enemy of the people”
because that class—the Kulaks, the small landowners, the intellectuals,
above all the bourgeoisie—might potentially threaten the stranglehold on
power of the actual ruling class at the top of the communist hierarchy. The
notion that many in the West have that communism creates a classless,
share-and-share-alike society is a bitter joke played on millions of
peasants and workers who can only dream of the opulent, privileged lives of
the politburo members and their families.

The revolutions that brought the Bolsheviks in Russia and the Chinese
Communist Party to power were built on treachery and subterfuge. They cited
the Communist Manifesto, a piece of grandiose theorizing that was imported
from 19th century Germany, a piece calling for destruction, violence, and
strife among people. This declaration was against all traditions and all
belief in the “Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God.” It sought to create an
atheistic and egalitarian utopia—of course, some in the Party were “more
equal than others,” to borrow a phrase from George Orwell’s “Animal Farm.”

In China, the periodic calls to revolution have been cynical attempts to
manipulate popular sentiment with the goal of keeping the communists in
power. The communist fear of losing their illegitimately gained power has
kept them continually scheming to portray domestic groups as being against
the party (sounds suspiciously just like the “domestic Insurrection” that
the American revolution sought to shake off) or fan flames of nationalism
and hatred against foreign enemies, real or imagined. All these are designed
to distract the people from how bad a job the CCP has done at managing and
building the nation.

The Cultural Revolution of 1966-76 was the most vivid example of violence,
killing, destruction of families and careers, and annihilation of all that
was considered good and traditional from China’s 5000 years of history.
Priceless works of art and ancient scriptures were hacked up or burned,
Taoist and Buddhist monks and nuns and countless intellectuals were stripped
of their positions and banished to remote regions, and millions everywhere
were killed on pretext or for no reason at all.

In America, we hold our founding documents, the Declaration of Independence
and the Constitution, to be above any person or party. In China, the
opposite is true. The constitution is a frequently changing document that is
always subordinate to the wishes of the CCP.

The so-called Revolutionary War in the U.S. was fought to raise people back
to the best of traditions. It has led to peace and prosperity in the land.

The communist revolutions brought people in dozens of countries down under a
dark cloud of systemic violence, strife, and impoverishment. Some, such as
those in Eastern Europe, now see a brighter future post-revolution. Others,
particularly peasants, laborers, and people of traditional belief in China,
still suffer under the oppressive pall of continual revolution.

This 4th of July in the U.S., let us thank those signers of the Declaration,
those reluctant revolutionaries, for their fight for traditions, belief in
God and nature, and peace. Let’s also remember those who suffer under the
darkness of destructive, godless, rapacious, and perpetually violent
revolution in the remaining countries that call themselves communist.

For more on the tragic history of communism, please see “Nine Commentaries
on the Communist Party” by The Epoch Times.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/jiuping.asp

http://english.epochtimes.com/news/5-7-4/30028.html

Old July 4th 05, 08:28 PM
David

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:13:43 -0500, "Tai Ping Yang"
wrote:

The Declaration was a brochure to fire-up the masses.

It would be silly to ''declare war'' 14 months after Concord
Lexington.

Old July 4th 05, 09:49 PM
Tony

Tai Ping Yang, your world is too small and shallow, kid. You have no clue of
the French or Greek concept of freedom and human rights. You bought the
whole story because you have no other frame of reference (Ignorance is
bliss).

BTW it's insulting to call USA America; what about Canadians, Mexicans,
Brazilian..... . You just decided to co-opt the entire continent. Coming
from an Asian, you should be sensitive to other people and a little more
knowledgeable of other cultures history.

Old July 4th 05, 11:24 PM
Caveat Lector

Merriam Webster disagrees with you

Usage: geographical name
1 either continent (N. America or S. America) of the western hemisphere
2 or the Amer·i·cas /-k&z/ the lands of the western hemisphere including
N., Central, & S. America & the W. Indies
3 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Apparently you have never heard God Bless America, Land That I Love as sung
by Kate Smith

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be But proud to be an American from America

BTW it's insulting to call USA America; what about Canadians, Mexicans,
Brazilian..... . You just decided to co-opt the entire continent. Coming
from an Asian, you should be sensitive to other people and a little more
knowledgeable of other cultures history.

Attached Images
File Type: gif audio.gif (109 Bytes, 53 views)

Old July 5th 05, 01:13 AM
Caveat Lector

Apparently you have never heard God Bless America, Land That I Love as
sung
by Kate Smith

Amerika!

NO NO that was sung by Trinie Lopez "Amerika"

Old July 5th 05, 05:33 AM
Tony

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
Merriam Webster disagrees with you

Usage: geographical name
1 either continent (N. America or S. America) of the western hemisphere
2 or the Amer·i·cas /-k&z/ the lands of the western hemisphere including
N., Central, & S. America & the W. Indies
3 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Amazing stupidity. And who do you suppose wrote Merriam Webster?!!!!,
"AMERICANS". Defining water with water. Proving the existance of God by
saying "Read the Bible".

Apparently you have never heard God Bless America, Land That I Love as

sung
by Kate Smith

Yes, I heard her, way before you did. I'm not terribly impressed.

Old July 5th 05, 07:33 PM
KA6UUP

Tony wrote:

[...]

Why keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool when you can open it and
remove all doubt
Old July 5th 05, 08:47 PM
RHF

KA6UUP - Practice What 'you' Preach ) ~ RHF
. . . . .