Old July 9th 05, 06:06 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

On 9 Jul 2005 00:37:18 -0700, "Hatfield"
wrote:

"East Germany and East Germany's economy was in shambles. "

Excellent point. Reagan didn't cause E. Germany nor Russian GNP to be
so low, and it was economic realities which ultimately toppled
communist Europe, not politics.

Most Islamic countries have terribly low income, too. Ditto for Latin
America who are all Catholic. Protestant countries, like Scandinavia,
the U.K., Germany, U.S.A., the Dutch, seem wealthier. But so are non
Christian Japan, Taiwan, and then too China is making great progress.
On the other hand Hindu India has rock bottom standard of living.

What makes some nations wealthy, some not? Religion, economic system?
Not education because India are full of the educated poor. Not music
either, witness the tone dead skree skraw atonal noise of Japanese
theatre, whose nation is fabulously wealthy.

I have no answers, but somehow perhaps it occurs to me that religion or
tradition or values seem to be most important to the ultimate economic
success of a people, a nation, a culture.

Material abundance does not equal wealth.

Well, you certainly have a wealth of 'tardism, boy.

Continue to tote, as best you can.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old July 9th 05, 06:07 PM

Vote for me,I will show y'all something.I would be the most hated
U.S.prez this World has ever known or will ever know.But,the good folks
would appreciate me.
cuhulin

Old July 9th 05, 06:09 PM

Material abundance does not equal anything.Only food,shelter and
clothing counts the most.You are right on that one.
cuhulin

Old July 9th 05, 06:19 PM

Speaking of Japan,(I have been there twice before,Tokio and Yakota
U.S.Air Force Base) I subscribe to DirecTV and I would like to see some
Japanese comedys on my RCA 27 inch screen (measured diagonally,of
course) tv set every day/night.I have a penpal girlfiend in Japan
(Northern Island of Japan) and she is cool,if ya get me driff.
cuhulin

Beautiful Music Radio Don Broadcasting 0 December 18th 04 06:00 PM
GRAYLAND 2004 FALL DXPEDITION: Compiled Logs for Oct 15-17 (Part 1) 4nradio Shortwave 4 November 1st 04 10:44 PM
RNZI Previews #275. 29 Nov-5 Dec '03 John A. Figliozzi Shortwave 0 November 29th 03 07:59 PM
Geller Media [email protected] Broadcasting 0 September 19th 03 09:03 PM