Old July 8th 05, 11:33 PM
Dan

FDR wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

It's highly unusual to have cat 4 hurricanes so early in the season. You
see these things pop up in Spetember and October, but were still in July.

On another note, the waters around LI are unusually cool. Looks like the
flow is screwed up.

real time Buoy data off Long Island.. Water temp a bit cool.. but
within " range"

http://www.noreast.com/bouys/weatherbouy_44025.cfm

Interesting links . . .

http://seawifs.gsfc.nasa.gov/OCEAN_P..._overview.html

Old July 8th 05, 11:37 PM
Brad

wrote in message
"Cheese 7" wrote:

"David" wrote in message
. ..
North Atlantic Ocean Temps Hit Record High

This is the exact reason why you naw have a
CATEGORY 4 -monster- Hurricane taking
aim square at FL/AL/MS.

see: www.hwn.org

Weather records have ONLY been kept for a few hundred years.
That means we don't know ****!

I was taught at school that we were still coming out of the last ice age,
only 50,000 years ago. Until we start heading into the next one, I'm not
going to panic. I'm not going to panic. I'm not going to panic.

Brad.

Old July 8th 05, 11:57 PM
FDR

"Dan" wrote in message
ps.com...

FDR wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

It's highly unusual to have cat 4 hurricanes so early in the season. You
see these things pop up in Spetember and October, but were still in July.

On another note, the waters around LI are unusually cool. Looks like the
flow is screwed up.

real time Buoy data off Long Island.. Water temp a bit cool.. but
within " range"

http://www.noreast.com/bouys/weatherbouy_44025.cfm

I was going by an observation that a fisherman friend of mine who lives
there.

Old July 9th 05, 12:00 AM
FDR

wrote in message
"Cheese 7" wrote:

"David" wrote in message
. ..
North Atlantic Ocean Temps Hit Record High

This is the exact reason why you naw have a
CATEGORY 4 -monster- Hurricane taking
aim square at FL/AL/MS.

see: www.hwn.org

Weather records have ONLY been kept for a few hundred years.
That means we don't know ****!

Sure there's a variable of time in how the Earth behaves with temperature.
But you cannot re-introduce billions of tons of CO2 that have been trapped
for millions of years and not expect a change in the atmosphere and Earth's
temperature.

Old July 9th 05, 12:27 AM
Dan

Weather records have ONLY been kept for a few hundred years.
That means we don't know ****!

- Disagree.. Science says different..

Old July 9th 05, 12:33 AM
B. Otten

It is written:

It's highly unusual to have cat 4 hurricanes so early in the season. You
see these things pop up in Spetember and October, but were still in July.

On another note, the waters around LI are unusually cool. Looks like the
flow is screwed up.

Unusual. Perhaps. But now outside the realm of possible. Just another
outlyer on the statistical curve. Nothing more. All it does is add
another data point to the process. What it does do is give the tree
huggers and environmental sky-is-falling alarmists something to point to.

And IF I'm wrong.......I'll adapt. That's science you can count upon.

bill
Old July 9th 05, 12:39 AM
Dan

permafrost is melting in Artic regions.. its been frozen solid since
the last glaciation 10,000 years ago

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...072574-cp.html

Old July 9th 05, 12:45 AM
dxAce

Cheese 7 wrote:

"David" wrote in message
North Atlantic Ocean Temps Hit Record High

This is the exact reason why you naw have a
CATEGORY 4 -monster- Hurricane taking
aim square at FL/AL/MS.

see: www.hwn.org

And now currently back down to a Category 3. Things must be cooling off again!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 9th 05, 12:53 AM
Dan

And now currently back down to a Category 3. Things must be cooling off again!

- Nope !
Went over Cuba ; bounced over Camp Xray..

- Gonna hit Key West.. ( Which went downhill ever since Tenessee
Williams Died )

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww4.html