Old July 9th 05, 12:54 AM
Dan

Interesting Article about permafrost / Artic Ice melting . ..

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?050425fa_fact3

Old July 9th 05, 01:03 AM
Brian Hill

"Dan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Weather records have ONLY been kept for a few hundred years.
That means we don't know ****!

- Disagree.. Science says different..

We can take ice core samples to see what the climate and such was but no
real documentation was logged in the distant past . the fact is the Earth is
constantly changing.

B.H.

Old July 9th 05, 01:09 AM
dxAce

Dan wrote:

And now currently back down to a Category 3. Things must be cooling off again!

- Nope !

Must be cooling off! It's back down to Category 3... but who knows, it may warm up
again.

Went over Cuba ; bounced over Camp Xray..

- Gonna hit Key West.. ( Which went downhill ever since Tenessee
Williams Died )

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww4.html

Old July 9th 05, 01:41 AM
Ernie

"dxAce" wrote in message

- Nope !

Must be cooling off! It's back down to Category 3... but who knows, it may

warm up
again.

Went over Cuba ; bounced over Camp Xray..

- Gonna hit Key West.. ( Which went downhill ever since Tenessee
Williams Died )

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww4.html

With any luck it will turn to a CAT 5 and wipe out a buncha vacationing
Canadians EH?

Old July 9th 05, 01:43 AM
dxAce

Ernie wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

- Nope !

Must be cooling off! It's back down to Category 3... but who knows, it may

warm up
again.

Went over Cuba ; bounced over Camp Xray..

- Gonna hit Key West.. ( Which went downhill ever since Tenessee
Williams Died )

http://www.hwn.org/atlantic/nhcww4.html

With any luck it will turn to a CAT 5 and wipe out a buncha vacationing
Canadians EH?

Are there any down there at this time of year?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 9th 05, 03:28 AM

I checked the cold water temperture flowing out of the faucet in my
bathtub earlier this evening with the temperture wire thingy on my old
Fluke digital multimeter.84.9 degrees,it said.We are having a heat wave
Chicken Little,it's Summertime.Run,Run,Run!
cuhulin

Old July 9th 05, 03:29 AM
running dogg

Brian Hill wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Weather records have ONLY been kept for a few hundred years.
That means we don't know ****!

- Disagree.. Science says different..

We can take ice core samples to see what the climate and such was but no
real documentation was logged in the distant past . the fact is the Earth is
constantly changing.

We simply don't know. We don't really know if this is part of a natural
warming cycle-we were in a cold period from 1200-1800 AD-or greenhouse
gas induced. It is known that at Lake Tahoe in the California mountains,
forests covered areas that are now underwater. The desert southwest in
the US has had 200 year long droughts in the past. At the other extreme,
glaciers once covered what is now the US as far south as northern
Mexico. Clearly, the earth has had major shifts in climate and weather
patterns before, in times when auto emissions were not a factor.

Old July 9th 05, 03:32 AM

www.clarionledger.com has some information for folks along the Gulf
Coast areas seeking shelter from the hurricane.I just don't have room in
my house,it's so full of junk.There is a vacant house right across the
road from me though.
cuhulin

Old July 9th 05, 04:13 AM
David

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:45:27 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Cheese 7 wrote:

"David" wrote in message
North Atlantic Ocean Temps Hit Record High

This is the exact reason why you naw have a
CATEGORY 4 -monster- Hurricane taking
aim square at FL/AL/MS.

see: www.hwn.org

And now currently back down to a Category 3. Things must be cooling off again!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

It's over land, Dr. Frank.

Old July 9th 05, 05:16 AM
Saraclese Manboobs

"dxAce" did pull a blue crayola
crayon from out of his large box of the same and scribbled on
the partition wall for all to see in message

Cheese 7 wrote:

"David" wrote in message
North Atlantic Ocean Temps Hit Record High

This is the exact reason why you naw have a
CATEGORY 4 -monster- Hurricane taking
aim square at FL/AL/MS.

see: www.hwn.org

Of course! Never ever had a category 4 before it warmed up.

Yeah right! What type of school do you 'tard boys and girls attend?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

my oh my DX Ace!

Did we get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning
or are the hot/cold spells of menopause starting to settle in
on a more frequent basis...?

"You know, when we were kids, our music was more or less based on
classical roots. This stuff sounds like it came from a bad bowel movement!"

- someone from alt.fan.michael.jackson who's name eludes me right now