Old July 12th 05, 10:32 PM
jwb

Default good freq for space shuttle launch?

any good freq for the space shuttle launch,
where to monitor?
thanks jack

Old July 12th 05, 11:28 PM
DesignGuy

"jwb" wrote in message
any good freq for the space shuttle launch,
where to monitor?
thanks jack

CNN is reporting that a shuttle window cover fell, and damaged some
protective tiles near the tail. So launch may be delayed.

Sorry, don't have any current freqs though. There has been a ham station
relaying shuttle/ground transmissions on 3860 LSB past years, but I don't
know if it is still active.

Old July 12th 05, 11:49 PM
David

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:32:59 GMT, "jwb" wrote:

any good freq for the space shuttle launch,
where to monitor?
thanks jack

Time Warner Channel 113 in my neighborhood.

CA Pasadena 147.150 10/26/00 WR6JPL NASA JPL;
Mission Audio

mo

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sarex/shutfreq.html

Old July 12th 05, 11:53 PM
David

http://www.unitedspacealliance.com/live/

Old July 12th 05, 11:58 PM
dxAce

DesignGuy wrote:

"jwb" wrote in message
any good freq for the space shuttle launch,
where to monitor?
thanks jack

CNN is reporting that a shuttle window cover fell, and damaged some
protective tiles near the tail. So launch may be delayed.

WLS (ABC) 890 in Chicago is reporting that the launch is a go for tomorrow.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old July 13th 05, 05:16 AM
John Kasupski

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:32:59 GMT, "jwb" wrote:

any good freq for the space shuttle launch,
where to monitor?
thanks jack

Tune 10780.0 (Cape radio/DOD Cape) 24 hours before launch time, you'll
hear the frequencies for the range safety net, SRB recovery net, etc.
announced then. If you miss that, it's pretty much hit and miss as to
finding where those HF nets are operating, but you can check the WUN
web pages for a list of where such comms have been in the past. Either
that, or check with the guys in the IRC channels that do realtime
monitoring while on IRC and see if anyone knows the freqs that are in
use at the time, chances are they either will or are looking for them
and will soon find 'em.

John Kasupski, Tonawanda, New York
Amateur Radio (KC2HMZ), SWL/Scanner Monitoring (KNY2VS)
zIRC #monitor Admin

Old July 13th 05, 05:35 PM

'85 blastoff Inspiration for Parsons. www.clarionledger.com I sure
am going to watch Space Shuttle Discovery blastoff into Space this
afternoon,on tv.
cuhulin

Old July 13th 05, 08:20 PM

www.devilfinder.com Titusville Florida In the meanwhile,might as well
tour Florida's Space Coast and beautifull downtown Titusville.I have
been there a few times before and it is nice.
cuhulin

Old July 13th 05, 10:39 PM

www.devilfinder.com Space Shuttle Engines Testing We have some
"weather" heading this way right now.It is cloudy and thundering
outside.We got a sudden hard rain for about three minutes four hours and
thirty minutes ago. www.srh.noaa.gov A guy talking to a woman on
scanner radio.She said,I caint do nothing,,,, what chall think I am?
cuhulin

Old July 13th 05, 10:40 PM
KA6UUP

jwb wrote:
any good freq for the space shuttle launch,
where to monitor?
thanks jack

All frequencies in Upper side band (USB) unless noted

2.670 Coast Guard Liaison/Maritime Safety Broadcast Marine/US
Coast Guard Nationwide
5.550 CAR-A Major World Air Route Area Aeronautical Caribbean USB
5.696 USCG World wide
8.983 USCG World wide
11.175 USAF World wide primary
2.182 International Distress, Safety and Calling
8.971 USN World wide
6.911.5 U.S army net?
10.493 FEMA Nationwide primary
9.023 NORAD HF TACTICAL (USAF)
5.680 International search and rescue
5.699 USCG
3.023 Search and rescue
4.345 ?????
8.364 ?????
2.854 SAT-2 Major World Air Route Area Aeronautical South
Atlantic
2.691 ??????
4.426 USCG calling
5.692????
8.767 ????
8.780 ?????
11.202 USCG
13.927 Hurrcane watch net M.A.R.S
11.271 USAF World wide
11.207 ?????
10.780 Primary NASA booster recovery ships(CAPE RADIO)
5.320 USCG Tactial
4.724 USAF (Primary night)
6.712 USAF Global HF
6.739 USAF Global HF
8.968 This frequency has been removed from GHFS service?
8.992 USAF GHFS
13.200 USAF GHFS
17.976 Removed from GHFS service?
4.250 ?????????
8.764 USCG WEATHER
5.211 FEMA
5.517 OCEANIC RADIO(North Atlantic)
11.330 OCEANIC RADIO( Caribbean Sea)
5.545 ???????
8.844 ?????
5.616 Oceanic radio (North Atlantic)
8.846 ????
8.980 USAF
14.325 Amateur radio Hurricane watch net
14.265 Emergency net (Salvation army?)
6.577 CARRIBEAN Oceanic
9.215 ??????
5.732 DEA/CUSTOMS

ft-200 + freq counter - help wanted! Janusz M. Homebrew 2 December 6th 04 07:56 PM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM