Old July 13th 05, 02:33 AM
running dogg

Default WDLT 660 Mobile AL, daytime power at night?

David wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:03:46 GMT, Ron Hardin
wrote:

Mobile AL WDLT 660 kHz has been booming in Central Ohio for the last
couple of weeks at 05:30 EDST, where their license has them on low power and a
null steered to the north. Evidently they're badly out of spec
for one reason or another.

Are they running 10kw omnidirectional at night? They sound like a local here.

Today I checked at 04:00 EDST and they're there then too. Normally I hear
WFAN 660 NYC, which more or less owns the channel at night except for Cubans.

KTNN Window Rock out here...

On the West Coast KTNN, which is run by the Navajo tribe, will dominate
660 khz, usually heard just below KFI Los Angeles on 640. In Ohio a
Cuban station (CMQ, I think) will be heard on 640, and WFAN is usually
on 660. If WDLT is drowning out WFAN in Ohio, then they're out of spec.

Old July 13th 05, 03:43 AM
David

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:33:04 -0700, running dogg wrote:

David wrote:

On the West Coast KTNN, which is run by the Navajo tribe, will dominate
660 khz,

The Navajo Nation, hence K-TNN