Old July 14th 05, 04:51 AM
mike maghakian

Default R75 VS Sat800

I have had the 75 and 800 with the same antenna on my radio bench and I
could find signals that were so under attack that the 75 was unable to do
anything with it. notch, PBT, whatever you wanted to engage, it was not
enough, 1/2 hour or a week later, the R75 didn't have enough weaponry to get
the job done.
I push the sync button on the 800, select the sideband I want and 3 seconds
later, I had a very listenable signal. that is the repeat story of the 800
vs 75.

for SWBC, there is NO contest. the sync on the 800 is undefeatable in 99% of
the challenges it takes on.......

the R75 is full of great OLD technology and it seems that many people are
caught up in that and can't move on.....

this is not a troll post, this is fact. I have had THREE 75's of different
configurations and always the same, great OLD technology can't take on Drake
design

Old July 14th 05, 05:03 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"mike maghakian" wrote:

I have had the 75 and 800 with the same antenna on my radio bench and
I could find signals that were so under attack that the 75 was unable
to do anything with it. notch, PBT, whatever you wanted to engage, it
was not enough, 1/2 hour or a week later, the R75 didn't have enough
weaponry to get the job done. I push the sync button on the 800,
select the sideband I want and 3 seconds later, I had a very
listenable signal. that is the repeat story of the 800 vs 75.

for SWBC, there is NO contest. the sync on the 800 is undefeatable in
99% of the challenges it takes on.......

the R75 is full of great OLD technology and it seems that many people
are caught up in that and can't move on.....

this is not a troll post, this is fact. I have had THREE 75's of
different configurations and always the same, great OLD technology
can't take on Drake design

Side band selectable sync is a powerful tool apparently not understood
by many people due to inexperience.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old July 14th 05, 05:39 AM
Lucky

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
[...]

Hi there Mike!

I need to pick up an 800. I read so much about them in here and elsewhere
that it's piqued my interest in one. But I've been saving that next radio
buy for the Eton E1 if it ever gets released. Also, if the rig is any good,
prices on the 800 should drop and I can get both

Lucky

Old July 14th 05, 05:57 AM
Conan Ford

The Sat. 800 is a Drake SW8 inside, is it not?

Old July 14th 05, 06:22 AM
Lucky

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...
The Sat. 800 is a Drake SW8 inside, is it not?

Hi

Yes Conan I believe that is true.

Lucky

Old July 15th 05, 07:50 PM

I wonder if this is really true. I've never used an SW8 and I know that
there are some similarities between it and the 800. However, based on
what I've heard about the SW8, I thought it (at least in its later
incarnations) was supposed to be in a different 'league' than the 800
performance-wise. Is this incorrect?

Steve

Old July 15th 05, 09:37 PM

Well, I'm surprised. I guess my understanding of the SW8 was a little
overblown. But as my old uncle used to say, it's good to get surprised
once in a while.

Steve