Old July 17th 05, 01:36 AM

Is this the website? http://www.transistor.org/feature/jutson/details.html

"There was an excellent
website telling the development and some design principles of this
radio, but I cannot find it right now. It was written by one fthe cheif
designers and also tells of the state of GE at the time. "

Lee Richardson
Mech-Tech

Old July 18th 05, 02:24 AM
RM MS

http://www.transistor.org/feature/jutson/details.html
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, that is the one, thanks!

Old July 18th 05, 02:51 AM
RM MS

Here are a few more, I knew there was more last time I saw it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ral+Electr ic

Old July 18th 05, 03:05 AM
RM MS

http://www.transistor.org/feature/jutson/p865.html
==========================

this is also excellent

Old July 18th 05, 09:17 PM
John S.

FDR wrote:
"RHF" wrote in message
oups.com...
FO&A,
.
This is a third one that could be added to a Collection
of GE Superadios.
.
General Electric 6-Band AM/FM Shortwave Radio Model # 7-2990A
This GE World Monitor Radio features both an Analog Tuning and
Dial Tuning Scale with an LED Digital Frequency Display.
.
once again this is not my auction ~ RHF
. . . . .

What are the handles for?

The handles on the GE (and it's brothers from Panasonic) actually had a
very practical use. Those radios were somewhat prone to falling over
when bumped. The handles extended far enough to protect the knobs.
And the chrome handles made the radio look like a rack-mount
"professional" radio for an instant.

Old July 19th 05, 02:50 PM
Warren

On 14 Jul 2005 14:37:17 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

FO&A,
.
This looks like a GE Pre-Super-Radio for anyone interested
in adding one to their GE Superadio collection.
I had one years ago and it did a good job of bring in those
distant AM Radio Station. It is relatively big and Heavy.
.
GE GENERAL ELECTRIC Chrome, Plastic & Leather AM Radio!
The classic chrome '60s ancestor of the GE Superadio!
.
note - it is not my auction
- but i thought it might interest someone ~ RHF
. . . . .

It is very similar to my first transistor that I bought with my high
school graduation money in 1957! The difference was that it was