Old July 16th 05, 04:28 AM
m II

Default An old familiar name is still quite alive and well..

although their main product line has changed a bit..

http://www.heathkit.com/

mike

Old July 16th 05, 11:46 AM

I have old 1941 Allied Radio catalog here.It is in excellent condition.I
suppose it would bring a good price on eBay but I don't get rid of my
good stuff.
cuhulin

Old July 16th 05, 02:21 PM
Jim Douglas

I remember way, way back building a HeathKit digital alarm clock which is
still in my parents house somewhere, working!

Old July 16th 05, 02:53 PM
Greg

From: m II
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 03:28:36 GMT

although their main product line has changed a bit..

http://www.heathkit.com/

mike

Cool! But I really wish they would come out with radio kits again. In my
youth I spent many an hour listening to my AR-3.

Greg

Old July 17th 05, 01:31 AM
Burr

The first radio I built was a Heathkit and I wish there were more out. I use
to give them to children in the family who thought they were interested in
radios.
Most of the time their parents were to damn lazy to help them build
them.

Burr