Old July 15th 05, 06:40 PM
Mark Zenier

Default CKZN-6160

In article .com,
wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Went checking to see if CKZN, St. John's, Newfoundland, was still on 6160 and
sure enough they were at 0030.

They run at the most about a kW or so.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Yeah, they have some nice programming, too. I like to use this station
as a kind of 'benchmark'. I regularly tune to it to see what reception
is like.

Here it's Vancouver, BC on the same frequency. It's strange how reception
can vary so much from only 100 miles away.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old July 16th 05, 05:59 PM
dxAce

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Went checking to see if CKZN, St. John's, Newfoundland, was still on 6160 and
sure enough they were at 0030.

They run at the most about a kW or so.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Yeah, they have some nice programming, too. I like to use this station
as a kind of 'benchmark'. I regularly tune to it to see what reception
is like.

Here it's Vancouver, BC on the same frequency. It's strange how reception
can vary so much from only 100 miles away.

Yes, that would be CKZU which is audible at times here. The one that I really wish
was still on is CKFX on 6080 which ran 10 watts. That always made for a great DX
target.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 16th 05, 06:26 PM
David

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:40:53 GMT, (Mark Zenier)
wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Went checking to see if CKZN, St. John's, Newfoundland, was still on 6160 and
sure enough they were at 0030.

They run at the most about a kW or so.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Yeah, they have some nice programming, too. I like to use this station
as a kind of 'benchmark'. I regularly tune to it to see what reception
is like.

Here it's Vancouver, BC on the same frequency. It's strange how reception
can vary so much from only 100 miles away.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

At 100 miles you can have a skywave fighting with a groundwave.

Old July 21st 05, 01:38 AM

dxAce wrote:
Went checking to see if CKZN, St. John's, Newfoundland, was still on 6160 and
sure enough they were at 0030.

They run at the most about a kW or so.

dxAce
Michigan