Old July 17th 05, 03:34 AM

Default Island in the Sky.

I just finished watching Island in the Sky (a great movie) movie on
tv.The movie will be on tv again tomorrow afternoon on the AMC tv
channel at 4:45 PM CST.That is an interesting emergency signal radio (or
whatever kind of radio it is/was) they were using on the ground outside
their Airplane.The radio had a crank handle on the top of the radio.
cuhulin

Old July 17th 05, 03:52 AM
Brian Hill

wrote in message
I just finished watching Island in the Sky (a great movie) movie on
tv.The movie will be on tv again tomorrow afternoon on the AMC tv
channel at 4:45 PM CST.That is an interesting emergency signal radio (or
whatever kind of radio it is/was) they were using on the ground outside
their Airplane.The radio had a crank handle on the top of the radio.
cuhulin

Yea I watched it tonite too. Good movie. The emergency TX is known as the
Gibson Girl or C-47 I think?

--
73 and good DX. B.H.
Brian's Radio Universe

Old July 17th 05, 03:09 PM
rtc

Also check out the S-40B at HQ;
the BC-348 in the C-47 is OK,too as is the
vintage Vibroplex "Champion" bug.
Did anyone else wonder how they got two aircraft
engines in those C-47's with standard airline
passenger-type doors?

Old July 17th 05, 03:36 PM
Brian Hill

"rtc" wrote in message

Did anyone else wonder how they got two aircraft
engines in those C-47's with standard airline
passenger-type doors?

Good observation rtc. That would of been tough.

B.H.