Old July 19th 05, 03:16 AM
Burr

Default China Lake, planes down

Two F18's ran together about noon. two seater and a one seater.

Two pilots got out they are still looking for the other.

Freq 141.950 if you can get it

Old July 19th 05, 03:47 AM

Where are you?

Steve

Old July 19th 05, 04:11 AM
Burr

China Lake.

Ridgecrest, Ca. 93555

wrote in message
oups.com...
Where are you?

Steve

Old July 25th 05, 06:28 AM
JayCee

Burr wrote:
Two F18's ran together about noon. two seater and a one seater.

Two pilots got out they are still looking for the other.

Freq 141.950 if you can get it

This seems to be becoming a regular occurance. Don't they teach them
anymore how to fly without crashing into one another? That's probably
about $300 million of taxpayers money down the drain.

Old July 27th 05, 12:36 AM
Brian Hill

"JayCee" wrote in message
link.net...
Burr wrote:
Two F18's ran together about noon. two seater and a one seater.

Two pilots got out they are still looking for the other.

Freq 141.950 if you can get it

This seems to be becoming a regular occurance. Don't they teach them
anymore how to fly without crashing into one another? That's probably
about $300 million of taxpayers money down the drain.

That's a stupid thing say. Do you know what it takes to become a US fighter
pilot?

B.H.

Old July 27th 05, 01:25 AM
Brian Hill

"John Smith" wrote in message
Brian:

Hmmm...

Be the son/relation of a congressman?

Be the son/relative of a defense contractors CEO?

Be the son of Bill Gates?

I have an idea of what it takes, but not really sure...

ROFLOL...

John

Yea that's it John. The US military is just waiting for some rich guy to
squirt a seed out. Keep up the good work.

B.H.

Old July 27th 05, 10:01 PM
RHF

FYI
Old July 29th 05, 12:47 PM

JayCee wrote:
Burr wrote:
Two F18's ran together about noon. two seater and a one seater.

Two pilots got out they are still looking for the other.

Freq 141.950 if you can get it

This seems to be becoming a regular occurance. Don't they teach them
anymore how to fly without crashing into one another? That's probably
about $300 million of taxpayers money down the drain.

Hey there expert about everything but does nothing...I spent 26 years
working my way up from E-1 to CDR...most time spent on the aircraft
carriers, and I know those guys out there (Hi Bill Doremus and the
crew!!!) You could not get past first base on the physical and flight
school, could not stand the 8-10 G's incurred in flight, perform the
duties after your normal flight schedule (Air Force pilots are just
pilots with crew's rest even in combat; Navy pilots fly, fight, and
then have divisional or departmental jobs of a leadership or
administrative nature).

And considering its in China Lake, do you even comprehend what goes on
out there ??? If they hit and crashed then it was a test event, and
something failed...we get killed out there so pilots do not die out
there on a cruise, or in combat...every pilot knows the
risks.....everyone accepts the risks...what do you risk friend. And
those Navy planes and ships fight and last 25 years or more...if your
local mechanic/dealer, or airline maintained the way the Navy crews do,
you'll still be driving that clunker today. Navy pilots do not bail out
over civilian areas like Air Force pilots do (you steer it and fly it
to some point over yonder, and do so even at the expense of your and
crew's life, as needed).

If you are such an expert on the DoD's budget, and what these men and
planes cost (which cost more, the plane or men ???? Do you even know
???), then why did elect such unethical Congressmen trying to add 450
billion to the DoD budget for weapons and programs the military
officers do not need or want...or argue for a runway on a base
scheduled to close down.

People like you make me sick ... let me stick your ass out on the front
line, if you are even man or intelligent or patriotic enough to cut the
upper 10% of our male population......you are just another expert that
whines about things you know absolutely nothing about, and probably
have not done a single iota for your country or local community beyond
paying taxes, or maybe voting in some past election.

Clean up your life and then achieve some level of manhood and
proessionalism before pointing those curved fingers at a group of
professionals who wouldn't even let you carry their flight bag, and
whose maintenance gang would like to personally educate you as to what
it takes and costs everyone in Naval Aviation for every day of their
lives, ashore or afloat, to keep you safe at home Sunday Quarterbacking
on the sidelines of life.